Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

In need of some inspiration for the car. Looking for pics of modded mk1s in montego blue.

I have ideas for mine, want it lowered nicely with a lip (cant decide on GV or OEM) and a ducktail spoiler.

Just cant picture what wheels and what colour will suit the look i'm going for!

Its an amazing colour but its so hard to pick colours because the colour of car changes so much!

Any thoughts? or pictures?

Daz

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I think you should put red with it. A lot of people disagree with me and I am colour blind, but I swear red looks great

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
I think gold will look good as long as its a light gold and not too yellow.

Hope to take some decent pictures of mine soon. Have oem lip and shadow chrome alloys. Mazdaspeed bodykit.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are they the standard 15" bbs wheels Andy? Look better than mine!!

Is yours an RS or just the sideskirts?

Looks pukka

here's a pic of what I'm aspiring for.....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
to be fair, the roof is only on loan from the kind Mr Tom (Sterling or whatever his web name is this week!)
they are the standard 15" BBS as far as I'm aware. They are also filthy which luckily doesn't show in the photo.

Everyone always asks if it is a RS but it is just a s special type II, happens to have the nice sideskirts on.

that one looks really good, I think a grey (not black) wheel is a good choice for this colour car. On that club roadster thread there was one with gold wheels and that also looked alright.
anyway, I'm off to drive my car now!

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
just went through all 29 pages of that cr thread.......weak thread only 3 or 4 cars i actually liked
Weak comment.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
Hey mate, late night comment.

Obviously everyone has there opinion. Seeing that it was just 29 pages of peoples blue cars, a lot of them are near stock and some not so.

A lot of those cars are not that different from yours in my opinion or different ones having similar elements.
It sounded like you dont like MX-5's.

Do you not find some at least interesting if not to your taste?

I thought your comment was kind of dismissive of other peoples cars as You dont have to like them to appreciate them.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
oh dont get me wrong, i didnt mean to come across like that because i appreciate everyones cars in the fact that they are doing what they want to with them and as you can tell i follow the same ethos with mine regardless of other peoples opinions

just none of the cars particularly stood out for me, you know when you look at something and you have to take a double take because it jumps out at you

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
oh dont get me wrong, i didnt mean to come across like that because i appreciate everyones cars in the fact that they are doing what they want to with them and as you can tell i follow the same ethos with mine regardless of other peoples opinions

just none of the cars particularly stood out for me, you know when you look at something and you have to take a double take because it jumps out at you
ohh ok, thought you were saying that you actively didnt like them, rather than didnt really like them in particular.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts