More to come. Bit of traffic in the first half and I settle into more of a flow in the second. 12 oclock on the speedo is 80mph and I have the 3.9 rear end with the 4.1 speed sensor so actual speed is about 5mph higher than indicated.
Just checked tyre wear. Nice and even across each tyre, rears are down to 5mm and fronts down to 4mm. Maybe the pushing I had was just due to asking so much of the fronts. I was able to push them enough to get too hot and a bit slippy.
It wasn't that bad actually, you can largely follow the lines from the lower skin and then just a bit of sanding to neaten things out. Sanding the metal filler is what takes the time as it's pretty dense.
So you fillered the sides of the holes? Looks tidy from what I can see of it and probably won't let much rain in. What did you use to make such neat cuts without distorting the ali? You must have a massive worth bench - I cant imagine doing it without getting the bonnet dented and scratched.
Metal strip on the sides then filler top and bottom to support/shape it. It's only going to be put on for shows and track work in the dry so no worries about the weather. I did it using an angle grinder and on a garden bench with an old sofa cushion, lol. It was about £15 of materials to make, and about £30 of paint (I used 1k clear in the end as spraying that much 2k where I live now is rather risky.
Got the car back from the tuner. Overall not entirely happy for the price, it was a lot of money for what was basically some pipe beading, a clutch, gearbox and diff bush fitting and half a tune. Total trailer costs were just shy of £500 too. I'll sum everything up fully once I've got the car back together as it's currently in bits for what I was told seemed like a failed water pump, I did think it was odd it wasn't leaking though but the noise did sound to be coming from there. It's due so I'm doing it anyway now but it turns out the problem was a far simpler one, one that should have been easily spotted, easily fixed, and wouldn't have required me having to trailer the car home with only a part tune. I duno how this was missed, apparently my crank bolt was loose and they torqued it up correctly so this should have been spotted then, especially as it has no undertray and would have been done from underneath otherwise all the charger stuff would have been removed which it wasn't. Just get the impression there was zero will to fault find at all. Will get it all back together and working the best I can and take it from there, I really want it done so I can crack on with the turbo build now.
All fitted and tight as I swapped the trigger wheel. Worked loose while there but still should have been obvious and easily sorted rather than just told there was a rattle and they wanted me to collect and fix it