Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
521 - 540 of 548 Posts

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
The NB has finally gone off to unit 3 for mapping and the last few things that are easier done with a ramp (gearbox swap, clutch etc), the transporter I had booked decided to ghost me completely 2 days before the job and wouldn't confirm a time or answer the phone which was a dick move. Found another but it cost a fortune. Should be about 2 weeks until I can collect and should hopefully be making significantly more power. I did have the put the SA3Rs/ NS2Rs on as the old rainsports arent really MOT legal anymore, besides it's likely a better choice if the car is going to be making twice the power. This also gave me a chance to ceramic coat the Lorbers which came out looking pretty good. This is the 3rd set of wheels I've coated and I've still got 1/3 of a bottle left.

I also corrected the toe on the passenger rear on the track car, it's about 0.5mm toe in. This side really is a proper shit to do, I did want 1mm but it seems to shift when tightening really badly, 0.5 is better than 2 so i'll take it.

Reactions: Yugen

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
They do come up occasionally, keep an eye out. Rota do some pretty close reps too

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
I thought they were still making them, lol. Just had a look, yeh prices have certainly gone up from the £200 I paid.

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
Just for my records the track car has had an oil and filter change at 55,000 miles, a mere 1000 miles since it's last, and is all ready for Donnington on the 29th.

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 ·
I took advantage of the last 2 warm weekends we're likely to have this year and got some body work done. I painted the lip and ducktail properly as they were only ever in gel coat until now and finished off the vented bonnet finally. I used U Pol 1k clear on the bonnet, which is meant to be similar in quality to 2k paint, it's not, it doesnt lay as nicely, is softer, doesnt sand or polish up as well etc, but it stopped me gasing myself and the neighbours. The bonnet isnt perfect but it's good enough or a track car and is only going to be put when needed.

Car Vehicle Hood Grille Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Photograph Tire

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
Unit 3 are apparently done with the work on the NB, just a tune and MOT to go. It's meant to be being tuned today, anyone who wants to guess the numbers post below (whp), so far we have guesses of:
B - 250
E- 235
C - 225
Br - 215
Me - 210
K - 187
D - 180

Frog True frog Organism Gadget Toy

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #534 ·
M2 so 2.5" all the way through, decat, with a 4-1 2.5" header. IC piping 2" but over the rad with few bends. Intake hose 2.5" from filter to a mk1 1.6 throttle body and 60mm into the charger.

Pulley is 67mm spinning the charger to 14,000 at 7200 red line

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 ·
oo very precise, lol. I have literally no idea. I am wondering whether the intake setup is guna be restrictive

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #538 ·
Suppose you do have insider knowledge of the Unit 3 dyno, lol. Guna chase tonight and see how it went.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Its just a number remember that. If it was in the US of A it would be 300

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #540 ·
Yeh, I've made it clear to Josh I'm not chasing numbers and that keeping it at a safe level that I can really beat on is important. That being said I'm hoping for a chunk more power than a M45 would provide and similar to what a safe td04 setup generates.

521 - 540 of 548 Posts