Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Driving Spec: NA
1,363 Posts
Hey guys,

I got these from James (MadaboutMX5s) yesterday. I took my original passenger seat out the car on friday but didn't loosen the bolts on the drivers side as they were stuck in mega tight. When I went to collect the seats we struggled to get the drivers out, so I'm gonna ask one of my mates with the appropriate tools to help. I plan on getting the drivers bolster reupholstered at some point.

Anyways, here is how the car currently stands,

The screws for the wing mirrors are rounded too. I manage to get the passenger mirror off today and get a 1028 mirror on, but the drivers side is being a bitch.

So, if your a passenger in my car then your ok, if your driving it you still have the oem mirror and the oem seat.....that should hopefully change tomorrow

9,290 Posts
Blimey mate, what is it about the drivers side of your car?

First the bolts for the seat runners and now the mirrors.

Looking forward to seeing it all fitted.

Some nice quality parts on your car. It looked very smart yesterday.

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
The centre console looks cool... is that bought or DIY?

·
1,363 Posts
Yeah the drivers side is being a real pain. The centre console is made by Nakamae.

I'm gonna look places that can re do the drivers bolster, but I don't know the best place to go for it. Anyone have any thoughts?

Edit* Your cars are awesome btw James. The silver car looks amazing in the flesh, and the Corn's car is just awesome. Sounds the nuts too

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got the drivers seat in and oohhh my.

Mazda and Recaro nailed it on the head with the RS Ltd. The seats are so comfortable and supportive. I'm reeally impressed with them, they complement the HSD's very well.

9,290 Posts
Glad you like them mate.

Are a very nice seat. As my mate told you a great addition to the car.

Have to admit I was tempted to keep them and sell another set of recaros (of which only one is a rs recaro) I have but needed the cash, which is why these had to go

Get some photos up.

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are lovely seats

I wanted to make sure that each key area of the car had a few careful modifications that would really enhance how the car felt/ sounded/ drove so on.

I'll get the bolster sorted at some point but I can't ever see me wanting to part with the bits I own.

The drivers Recaro in the Corn's car is nice, but quite snug. The RS Recaro seats seem to have more room giving me the ability to grow.........outwards.

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At some point I will be looking into a custom drivers seat rail.

I'll ask my dad to design it and get it made up so I sit lower. I like the width of them, they are wider than other bucket seats but it makes me more useable on a daily basis.

The thing I like about the seats is that I'll easily get my money back as they are only going to get harder to find.

Both fitted now,

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers for the comments guys. I took the centres off because I wasn't sure if I liked them that much. I felt the red looked too out of place against the rest of the car. On another note, here are some better pictures of both seats fitted,

One for luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.