Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know roughly what we should be expecting to pay now for sill and arch repairs on the mk1s I know it's pretty dependant on amount required when opening it up but need a guide idea. Also any recommendations for good garages around Peterborough for this work.

·
Registered
VVT swapped NA & TD04 turbo NB
246 Posts
Best to just budget worse case scenario, buy the cheapest mechanically sound example you can and then end up with the best known fixed example at the end.

I've had a few different quotes and actual jobs in the past 12 months, a small outer and inner rebuild where the lip had been seam welded together stopping me from doing the easy bit myself. Including paint the job cost around £400 but I included premixed paint from a previous job.

I've also had a full arch and sill replacement on another which didnt include paint and that set me back somewhere in the region of £700 but involved a lot of inner work and also a few other welding jobs tacked on including some front inner wing repairs.

I've regularly seen quotes for full arch, sill and paint somewhere in the region of £1200 per side with MX-5 Restorer being the go to place nationally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that's less than I was expecting to be honest but I do think mines at the higher end, I managed to get it in the workshop today and will post some pics on my other thread. Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guitaristanime, I've taken it to my warehouse this last week and started cleaning it up to see more, I'm going to do a chunk of the work myself then get a bodyshop to weld in the body panels and respray. Started last week and it's ver therapeutic. I've bought all new sills arches and floor sections to go up against the arches to save me making any so hopefully shouldn't be too bad in the end. I'll start a new thread with a build blog if anyone wants it
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just had new inner and outer arches, along with full inner and outer sill sections on my 2.5 - i.e., the lot. Didn't quite have the holes you have under there, but sure I could've made them hitting hard enough with a hammer. I bought the panels off mx5 parts for the 'outer sill panel' for around £220 for the pair, along with a pair of arch patch panels off eBay for around £180. The welding work was £1000 and the paint was about £500, so came to about £2000 all together. Thinking next time, if I keep on top of it, I'll do it to learn and also save myself some money!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a good price, I've gone down the root of doing mine myself as lots of other bits I wa t to do whilst it's in the air but I reckon I'm going to be in for £1500 still although I will do a full respray.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts