Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We have just bought our first MX5,a euphonic in Titanium Grey and I am looking to add a roll bar to it.I am reading conflicting opinions as to wether they will fit on to a Euphonic.
I wonder if somebody could clarify this and if so point me towards a good quality one. I am thinking about the possibility of having it in either black or titanium grey.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure really !
Does a 'style bar' not offer any protection at all then ?
I,m guessing that the seats have some protection built in ?
Errr... no and no! A style bar is for style only, and there have been some incidents where in a crash the style bar has shifted and caused injury... and no, the seats will not offer any protection in a roll over incident.

It all comes down to what you will be doing with the car, but I personally wouldn't be without my roll bar!

Russell.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Watch this if you want to know what could happen in a roll (if you don't want to be paranoid do not watch), the Mk2 has exactly the same support in the screen:

Style bars do only as they say!

·
Registered
907 Posts
had a hard Dog Deuce on my Mk2.5

Photo for your info:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the quick replies.

My wife will be driving the car 95% of the time so I guess nothing too extreme in the way of driving.
It may occasionally have a 'blast' around the lanes though.
Would I be right in thinking the strut coming from the rear of the loops on the hard dog deuce is where the strength comes from ?

I must say it is a cracking car.

·
Ry
674 Posts
Cool another euphonic.... i had to sacrifice my Windblocker and speakers to fit a style bar... just for the look.
there is no strength there what so ever. its only held on by 2 screws.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
the struts on the deuce all fasten to solid bits of chassis - fitting one involves a bit of cutting and drilling afaik but nothing too serious I don't think.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Cool another euphonic.... i had to sacrifice my Windblocker and speakers to fit a style bar... just for the look.
It's also the way they fasten - to structural parts of chassis.

Hard Dog roll bars work out pretty expensive once imported. Try TRLane roll bars, british made and good quality (if not equal then better then the hard dogs) - they sell a few on eBay (recent ones went for ~?165 new).

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Not if you grab one of these bargains you dont

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SM-Genuine-Mazda-MX-5-Soundboard_W0QQitemZ180487432261QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a05e3a845

They fit between the genine mazda style bars & you can also fix a mesh windblocker to it if you want.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150430682525&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Her`s mine but as said they are only for style not protection.

Here`s one with windblocker fitted

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for that - have seen the style bar & windblocker on ebay, just wanted to see if anyone was selling a set.

What's the deal with the sound board - do they come with speakers or do you fit your own?

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.