Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I've recently bought myself a mk1 mx5 as a daily driver / occasional track day beast.
I'm looking at the TR lane roll bars, but am interested to know what the main difference between the TD and GP bars?
Also, I'm guessing they add a bit of rigidity to the rear of the car? Does this make any difference to the front end when turning in?
And what are people's opinions on the TR lane full cage?
Thanks

·
The Small One!
884 Posts
Personally I think the guy who designed the fixing points for them really should have done a better job

Once you eventually get it in, it does stiffen the car up a lot - overall feel rather than the front really

Only difference is design - the real debate is how well do they work in an actual roll!

·
The nutzer formerly known as Fenix
1,578 Posts
Personally I think the guy who designed the fixing points for them really should have done a better job

Once you eventually get it in, it does stiffen the car up a lot - overall feel rather than the front really

Only difference is design - the real debate is how well do they work in an actual roll!
There's pics of a rolled car fitted with tr lane bar on their website now. Looks pretty rigid to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The one fits between the seat belt tower,the other in front of it so is therefore slightly wider.

I've got the narrower one and it's a well made bit of kit,not sure it makes alot of difference to the rigidity of the car,I think you would need a full cage to notice much difference,or at least door bars.

Mine is for sale if you are interested?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.