Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 1222 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
So I thought it's about time I started a thread.....

Going back a few months I did a deal with GK Group to supply me 2 mk4's that will be turned into race cars. Some of you will have seen my race car with GK livery on it....

Fast forward a few months and yesterday I got a call from Mazda UK saying our cars along with many others will not get here til late October....bummer!!

So as I've got build slots in place for exhaust/suspension/roll cage etc this now presents me a problem!!

Answer
GK or Perrys as it's known (takeover was today) are now supplying me their demo car.
So I will have my hands on a soul red 2.0 sport nav the first week on sept

Watch this space for updates...

Paul

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
:popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Oh get you.

Watching with interest.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'm sure a friendly local would give up their day to take pictures. I definitely would if I was about!

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Looks like we will have the 1st customer nd's on the road in the UK rodders.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Awesome Paul - would've been gutted for you if they couldn't provide the demo either.

Very curious to see whether the acceleration is closer to the manufacturer's official 0-60 of 7.2 or the US magazine average of 5.9-6.2...No-one seems able so far to pick up on different gear ratios etc that could account for a regional difference. I know acceleration isn't everything...but it helps!

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
I'm off with Mazda to the Cotswolds tomorrow to spend the day driving the car on road and track.. Wonder if they will let me do a cheeky 0-60 run... Lol

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't wait to see it on track! Will it be ready for snetterton, or is that asking a bit much
Lee my mistake when I built the first mk3 was rushing it, for that reason it will not be entered into a race until I'm happy with it.
We will be doing lots of testing though.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can't wait to see it on track! Will it be ready for snetterton, or is that asking a bit much
Lee my mistake when I built the first mk3 was rushing it, for that reason it will not be entered into a race until I'm happy with it.
We will be doing lots of testing though.....
I know what you mean, it needs to be competitive. Plum pudding would be a good first outing.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rota wheels are on a carrier and should be with me this week.......

I'll post pics as stuff arrives.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Awesome Paul - would've been gutted for you if they couldn't provide the demo either.

Very curious to see whether the acceleration is closer to the manufacturer's official 0-60 of 7.2 or the US magazine average of 5.9-6.2...No-one seems able so far to pick up on different gear ratios etc that could account for a regional difference. I know acceleration isn't everything...but it helps!
I noticed this difference too.be interesting to see.

Sam posted a few videos of the acceleration of the 1.5 and 2.0 on Facebook and neither looked slow.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
The 1.5 is far more fun, the 2.0 runs out of Revs far to easily..... The 1.5 revs to 7,500 vs the 6,500 of the 2.0, however mine will have a raised limit with in a few days haha

However in the 1.5 I didn't struggle to keep up with the 2.0's

1 - 20 of 1222 Posts