Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ecosse
3,884 Posts
Mine.

1.8 '93 156,000 kilometers on, mill OK but past it's best and generally(being Auto) a filty wee gas guzzling little Co2 spitting sod. DVLA Co2 rating "not available"
6 months Tax £112.75

SWMBO's

1.8cc 02 Sport, engine in top nick & as fuel efficient as a 5 can get which ain't saying much I know.
215g/Km
6 month's Tax £134.75

(£455.00 x 6 months Band M for a Rex?
)

Since these calculations appear to be Co2 driven one wonders how Roadsters are calculated if the DVLA don't deliver an "official" Co2 rating?

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Post 2001 cars are all done on under 1.6 is x, 1.6 or over is y. So anyone with a ferrari registered before 2001 is paying the same as your '93 5 in car tax, silly huh?
Why is it silly, just because someone is rich they should pay more tax? Personally I think completely the opposite is true. It's poor people that claim unemployment, housing, sprog benefit and clog up the hospitals etc.
Road tax for Ferraris should be free in fact they should be rewarded. Road tax on Nissan Micras and all Vauxhalls should be put up to ?10k immediately.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Post 2001 cars are all done on under 1.6 is x, 1.6 or over is y. So anyone with a ferrari registered before 2001 is paying the same as your '93 5 in car tax, silly huh?
Why is it silly, just because someone is rich they should pay more tax? Personally I think completely the opposite is true. It's poor people that claim unemployment, housing, sprog benefit and clog up the hospitals etc.
Road tax for Ferraris should be free in fact they should be rewarded. Road tax on Nissan Micras and all Vauxhalls should be put up to ?10k immediately.
[/quote]

Purely from the stand point of the current taxation classes it's silly. But then again all of it is!
If only they did, the roads would be quieter

·
Ecosse
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[/quote]

Miles for PM I say!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts