Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, first post
of i'm sure many. title is self explanatory, i'm gunning for that JDM look of amber indicators all round, which my MX5 has, apart from the fronts, which are clear.

just wondering if any base models come with amber front indicators, i've had a search and nothing seemidly comes up.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I assume you mean the side reflectors, the JDM roadsters are red at the rear and amber at the front. It was the UK models that were amber all round.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
...and if you actually mean indicators - front indicators/sidelights are clear, side indicators are orange as standard!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It has been done before by someone on Nuts - it looked good aswell! Yellow, is another quite nice tint for the sidelight/indicator units!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Here's crackers old car:

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
I quite like this... however as I have all clear sides I'm thinkin I'll just de-tango.... and maybe do the smooth mod on the rears and tint them black slightly.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
if you change your mind CRneo ive got some amber front reflectors which i would swap for a pair of clear ones.

actually i think ive got a full set (4) of amber reflectors somewhere

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
you file/sand/whatever all the raised writing off the lights

Cracker's lights are currently residing on Howies car I believe - it works well on a red one too.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
you file/sand/whatever all the raised writing off the lights
ive done this to all my lights and reflectors apart from the rears.
i just never got round to it!

·
Super Moderator
10,057 Posts
I've not got a clue about the legality, but Avoneer had his done on Project Mew and it looked awesome
Oh....That is nice
Any night shots to show off Project Mew with the lights on??
[/quote]
not that i know of, and unfortunately, mew no longer exists in that guise.

will give pat a nudge this evening when i pop up with the timing light if he's not seen this by then
tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts