Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building a kit car using the remains of my old 1999 MP62 supercharged MX5 with Reverant Enhance Megasquirt.

To register the car I need to get it through IVA and strict emissions test.

I'm not sure my tune done by Dale at Bailey will pass. I would have to hire a trailer and get another rolling road session to be sure as I won't be able to drive it on the road before the test.

I was thinking I would refit standard ecu injectors etc for this and refit the charger later.

The problem I have is I got rid of the

MAF
Crossover pipe
Injectors

Anyone done a MK2 conversion recently that can help me out with their old bits?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
If I can find them and if they would fit your Mk2 you'd be welcome to borrow the injectors, MAF and crossover tube which came off our 2002 Mk2.5 1.8.......we would need them back.
Are you supercharging the engine once its in the kit car? Will it be intercooled, and if so how are you going to squeeze everything in?
Whereabouts are you?
Stephen.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi Stephen

That would be great!

I am in Manchester.
Yes I will be returning it to Superchaged after IVA.
It will be chargecooled. I have built the car once and now rebuilding after powdercoating. It's a full bodied car so space not as tight as a 7 type.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Looks like a great project.
Give me 24 hours to look for the bits. If I find them you'd be welcome to pick them up.....we're half way between Keighley and Skipton......or I could meet you on the M65 or thereabouts.
Will be in touch tomorrow after the search.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Progress report.......found the oem crossover tube but had forgotten that the MAF (casing) is part of the Moss MP62 installation so I'm afraid our MAF is still on the car. I think my son Max has the 1.8 injectors and he's going to have a look for them in his mother's garage this morning; will let you know how he gets on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Ooh is that an Austin Healy 3000 mk2 replica? My fave car if all time.

I have the MAF and injectors somewhere, PM me if you get stuck.

Rich

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sort of.

The body was moulded of a Healey. It has massive arches, no door, windows etc. Basically it's just there to cover the chassis.

It runs MX5 1.8 MP62 charged engine, chargecooler, 6 spd box, sierra front uprights, fabricated rear, Sierra LSD, Willwood brakes all round. 13" Team Dynamics wheels wrapped in 888's. It should weigh less than 600kg and produce I hope around 250bhp.

Should be fun!

If you don't mind lending me the MAF Rich that would be fantastic!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.