Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Thought I'd start a great on cars that I'm fixing up and selling on, if you're interested in buying any of these cars message me on Instagram @yugenmx5!

So here's number 1

The previous owner obviously took care of it, rust aside it's in really good condition!

It needs rust repair (obviously) and a new CAS seal and it'll be good to go!

Yep, what you're looking at is play doh it's obviously had some bodge repairs done in the past, it needs some love!

Further digging revealed some more rust

Started with rebuilding the structure in the weak points

Once the inner inner sill and inner sill were fabricated we got to welding it in

Quick rust protection done to seal it nicely!

Once the sills were done I moved onto the wings and arches and revealed more rust

This got welded up

The bottom of the front wing had gone on this side (and some moron welded a thick plate onto the bottom to bodge it so it didn't sit flush on the body) so I cut up a repair panel and welded it on

Also cut off part of the 2 quarter panels so I could rust protect the insides

That's about where I'm at for now! I'll post more pictures as things develop!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second coat on the inside of the quarter panels, also put a coat on the bottom of the front wing

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smoothed in all of the welds on one side, takes far too much time haha.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started work on smoothing in the other quarter panel!

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice to see repair logs like this! don't have the inclination or equipment to do this kind of work myself, (or the need to) one day maybe!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice to see repair logs like this! don't have the inclination or equipment to do this kind of work myself, (or the need to) one day maybe!
Thank you! I figured I want to keep these cars on the road and keep myself in a job so I may as well record it as proof! Yeah it comes with a lot of shit to do but it's worth it haha

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huge progress today! Once the primer is on and it looks good you've cracked it, just gotta do the same on the other side and smooth both sills in and that's it for the bodywork!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been a slow process but we got the quarter panel smoothed in on the other side! Just filler touch ups, white paint and stone chip and then it's onto the CAS seal; then it's mot time!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything has had the final layer of filler! Just need to flat it back and spray it white! Then it's just the CAS seal and then it's mot time!
Also loving how mad max it is looking atm

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More progress! Got the base coat on the car and swapped the CAS seal! Will spray the chaste white on it tomorrow and after the lacquer it's mot time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts