Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The little notches on the end of the piston that makes the bypass open/close are worn on my JRSC.

Meaning that occasionally(more often, sadly, when I'm trying to accellerate hard, shift up etc.) the bypass sticks open. Making a god-awful noise and really killing power.

Now I've seen that Moss do spares, and have it, but I was wondering what I'd get is actually what I need.
I think I just need the piston, but I'm not entirely sure how it is attached/removed from the bypass arm.

Anyone know:
A ) What I'm talking about?

B ) The answer to the question?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi

Is it the byepass actuator that is worn or is it the metam bracket that has worn that the byepass actuator fits into eather way its repairable via a new byepass or a repair bracket available from ddm works post a pic and lets havea look.

Ian

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Is it the byepass actuator that is worn or is it the metam bracket that has worn that the byepass actuator fits into eather way its repairable via a new byepass or a repair bracket available from ddm works post a pic and lets havea look.

Ian
It's a bit late for pics now, I forgot after work :/ But I'll get some tomorrow

It's been a little while since I peered at it (battery died so it was off the road for a while:/ ) but as I remember it it's the arm on the actuator itself that's worn.

Having a look at the DDM works site, this sounds like exactly my problem
and it's solution

http://ddmworks.com/miata/engine/hdm_bracket.html

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts