Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mr Miller :)
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread title may sound a little simple but i am curious as to how to go about the following:

I ideally want to polybush the wishbones on my 5, but i want to know, what parts would be worth replacing, i.e balljoints, droplinks etc?

And also, ive noticed some people mentioning re-alignment, would this need to be done if i were to just swap the wishbones for polybushed 1s?

TIA
J

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Oh, hai!
4,970 Posts
And also, ive noticed some people mentioning re-alignment, would this need to be done if i were to just swap the wishbones for polybushed 1s?
Definitely.

By rights, you should have the alignment checked every time you pull something off and put it back on again but that's often far more hassle and cost than it's worth. However, if you're doing something major (changing suspension parts, track rods, polybush, that sort of thing) then you should always have the alignment checked afterwards to ensure it's correct.

·
Mr Miller :)
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a job that could be done over a weekend? As I'd get another set of wishbones, polybush them and then just straight swap, as my 5 is my daily i ideally would need to do it over a weekend if this is possible?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.