Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the return feed fuel hose as its perished. I've checked the manual and it says to de-pressurise the system first, to stop squirting petrol everywhere, by "starting the engine and then remove the open circuit relay connector". I've looked at the picture and can I find this relay connector? Can I fcuk. It looks like its behind the firewall on the passenger side but I can't see anything there. I've stuck my head in the passenger footwell and can't see it there either, just a fan that I've now decided I need to rip out at a later date

So, how do I de-pressurise the system? Where's this relay?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimbob, that's perfect. Forgot to check back yesterday and I'm currently feeling knackered after a 50 mile bike ride today so might not get around to sorting it today but that link will help when I do

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
the hose from the regulator to the metal pipe that runs it back to the tank is not pressureised.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By regulator, do you mean the injector fuel rail? That's the hose that's knackered

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
the rail is under pressure, but the return hose is not.

looking at the rail from the right hand side of the car (uk drivers side) you have two hoses that go to the rail. The right hand one that attachs on directly is under pressure, as is the rail. The left hand side of the rail has the fpr bolted on and thats where the return hose attachs to. Its not under pressure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the hose off today without petrol going everywhere. Just a shame that I need 7.6mm hose instead of the 6mm hose that I have
. Ordered some more so I'll be trying again later in the week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.