Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally fitted my new rear bumper skin. The "ironing board" wanted some company.

Before:

After:

It's part of a set I bought from Barry Spiers, originally in red. The bumper cut was relatively straightforward, but I had to remove the captive nuts and fettle the holes to move the whole assembly inwards (the skin is shorter than stock). The foglight is rewired to the driver's side Reversing light.

I'm quite happy with the result. I was originally concerned at the lack of fastening at the bottom but the assembly is quite rigid (apparently it's made from Duraflex which is sturdier than fibreglass).

Just the front to finish now (and source some skirts)....

Regards,

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I still can't get my head around the spoiler. I guess the 2nd from last pic doesn't seem to bad!

I quite like the rear end mate. Is your exhaust dented on the silencer?

·
Registered
600 Posts
The bumper is ok but I really don't understand why you would put that spoiler on... But hey, each to their own

·
Daddys little soldier!
1,712 Posts
Nice one Mike. Trend setting as usual. Looks good.

And in all honesty the spoiler doesn't look too bad in the flesh. Well I didn't think so when I met you and saw your car.

Did you ever get the headlight lid fitted? What else you got planned for the front end then???

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice one Mike. Trend setting as usual. Looks good.

And in all honesty the spoiler doesn't look too bad in the flesh. Well I didn't think so when I met you and saw your car.

Did you ever get the headlight lid fitted? What else you got planned for the front end then???
Cheers Kirsty

This is the front skin:

I intend to fit the headlight lid once the skin and quad headlights are ready.

Regards,

·
Registered
86 Posts
nice rear end (not something one bloke offten says to another honest
) but the spoiler mmmmmmmmmmmm not sure
but hey ho marmite love it hate it each to thier own

well done on standing out from the sheep

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers mate

You have the type of skirts I'm after (also not something I would normally say)

Regards,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts