Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dan
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Anyone got a pair of the little metal guides which the brake pads run in / follow on the rear calipers?

MOT is on Sat and I need to fit new pads and disks - upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 so i need equivilent guides.

Anyone local near Blackpool / preston etc

cheers
Dan

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
I resorted to buying a set of rear pads from a main dealer when i needed some in a hurry (they come with OEM pads). I couldn't bring myself to pay that for a couple of clips, thought it made more sense to get the pads too.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Actually, i suspect the brakes would get through the MOT fine if you cleaned up the areas where they fit on the carrier brackets and put a couple of dabs of high temperature grease in the pad notches so the pads can move freely. I assume they are to provide a smooth rust free surface for the pads to move in and out. May be worth a try until you get hold of some, but on your head be it of course!

·
was b0builder
6,502 Posts
dan i def have 1 set think (enought for 1 side)i have 2 will have a look in about 30 mins
i got the sets to do a 1.8 upgrade but cant remember if i get 2 sets

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
You don't need them.

Never used them yet.

They're just anti squeal shims.

Pat...

-edit- Durrrr - misread - you mean those little finicky shiny shitty brackets. Nope - sorry mate.

·
was b0builder
6,502 Posts
just checked got 1 set

some dossy prat ordered everthing to do a 1.8 upgrade and only ordered 1 set of rear ones

you are welcome to one set if they are any good

·
Dan
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys.

The pads are just a bit loose in the carriers without the sliders / guides.

Bobuilder - I will take a set please.

I just need 2 x clips as ive already done one side already.

I will pm my address.

thanks
dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts