Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent worked on myMX5 since lockdown. When I do I am in an apartment block with an underground car park. I cant keep a lift or a set or permenent ramps in there. I do have two sets of axle stands and a hydraulic jack.
I saw the Race Ramps Wheel Cribs on Demon Tweeks
They look pretty nifty. Reviews seem to say that the eight inch tall version are the best, as you have difficulty getting the wheels high enough on a ;normal' car for the 10 or 12 inch versions.
Does anyone use these with an MX5 and what is your opinion? Does the 8 inch version offer enough clearance?

I am toying with the idea of changing shcks and springs by myself.
Also my engine undertray is loose and I am tempting myself with the all metal Jass performance undertray.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This version looks good too - split into four. Would these function as flatstoppers also for long term storage?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the Adjustable Wheel Cribs which are a set of two which each split in two. Eduardo from Raceramps UK was very helpful and phoned me up to check on the delivery address.
I will report back on what they are like.
I know they are expensive, but I live in an apartment block and I need something not in your face garage equipment.
I intend to use the axel stands of course for anything which needs wheels off and as a backup to the wheelcribs.
I have a lovely set of aluminium axle stands I bought in Denmark. Wish I had a tiny lightweight jack which would compliment them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts