Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just removed the god awful speakers out of the doors on my 5.

About to fit the infinitys in but just wondering which way round the wiring is I have a red/green and a red/white.

I have a small and a large connector on my infinity speakers... which wire goes where?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Um mate... one is + and one is -... if you get them wrong way around it will be completely out of phase. By 180 degrees to be precise. This can be a useful tool to get more bass output out of a subwoofer, not something you want to do with full range speakers.

Red/Green is +, Red/White is -

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured it out in the end... I'm assuming that the large spade on the speakers is + though?

I'm getting some crackle on the left speaker... not sure if it's either the tweeter blown (they are a bit old now and taken a beating) or maybe the stock wiring is crap? (can this cause problems?)

Will be ampin them up at some point... prob do it when I get round to taking my interior out though to re-do that do it all at the same time.

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the large spade is by convention the positive one. Sounds like you're tweeter is on its last tweet!
Yeah think the tweeter may have tweeted it's way into an early grave!

Will do for now anyway... waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the paper cone crap OEM things... god MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts