Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,562 Posts
I don't know. I assumed the result would be a lower ride height at the front, because the soft spring would compress more. But it starts out longer so... I don't know.

If you're asking because you think this may actually have happened, then the easiest way to tell is to compare the thickness of the wire that the springs are made from. Front springs are thicker gauge wire than rears (hence their stiffness). I don't know the actual numbers, but there's a good couple of mm difference.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Rear springs on front will make it lower, I've seen one with them fitted the wrong way around and tyre scrubbed. Swapping to correct ends sorted it.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear springs on front will make it lower, I've seen one with them fitted the wrong way around and tyre scrubbed. Swapping to correct ends sorted it.
Hmmmm doesnt sound too promising then!

Any ideas on what would cause an unusually high ride height on one corner then?

·
Happily expanding the To Do list since 1997
10,562 Posts
Broken spring on the opposite corner? ARB bolts tightened while the suspension was unloaded and only one side has slipped? Failing shock absorber on the other side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.