Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

2 weeks ago I purchased my first MX5, initially designed to be a stop-gap whilst I overhaul my 306 engine (the pistons decided they didn't like 32psi).

Having driven it around a bit and experienced country-road-roof-down fun I'm growing quite attached to the old girl.

Plans:

- Whack it with the lowering stick. Seriously. I didn't know MX5's were made this high. Tractor-spec ftw.
- Fit Garrett GT2056s turbo which I have knocking around, probably just low boost using RRFPR until I can afford MS..
- Renew all bushes. From what I've read this is a pig of a job. I'd better go and buy a torch gun.
- Replace the gash Halfrauds wheels.

That's pretty much it for now, it's insured on a modified policy so I'll probably make several cosmetic changes just to personalise it somewhat..

Oh, and she's a 1990 Eunos 1.6 in classic red.

C+C always welcome

Oh, and I'm always up for meets if there are any in my area? M25/M3 junction?

Pics:

New turbo to be fitted:

Makeshift roof repair.. (I was quite pleased with the results)

·
Whale Rider
347 Posts
Ahaaaaaa....

Thought I recognised it. I'm Me-tm from 306oc.
I use this name more than that one, and can't really be bothered with 306oc any more after an arguement about the legality of undeclared engine swaps.

My DT is plodding along fine at 24psi...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahaaaaaa....

Thought I recognised it. I'm Me-tm from 306oc.
I use this name more than that one, and can't really be bothered with 306oc any more after an arguement about the legality of undeclared engine swaps.

My DT is plodding along fine at 24psi...
Hello mate

It's about time we formed a new club tbh... 'People who live for the 306, yet also own an MX-5 which they enjoy.'... Catchy

Need moar boost tbh ;D

·
Whale Rider
347 Posts
Waheeey it's Fozzy!

I seemed to get a lot of hate for the MX-5 from C.A.R. He claimed a 306 would out-handle it, and didn't seem to be joking.

·
Registered
278 Posts
On stock UK suspension and compared to a a gti6 he may be right, but to be honest i wouldn't want to compare them, they're completely different cars to drive. I enjoy driving both but i enjoy working the mx5 so much more and there is a lot more that can be done to an mx5.

·
Whale Rider
347 Posts
Well, put it this way. My MX-5 handles a lot better than my DT on knackered 15yr old factory-spec suspension!

Also, I hate toby now. I was playing Forza last night, and turbocharged an MX-5 in it. I want to do that to my real one now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.