Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Great to see an update, good timing too as I haven't been on here for months.

What's happened re diff / shafts I thought it would spin the wheels rather than damage them.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Picture arent very clear im afraid Andy but the lowest point of the car is a couple of exhaust clamps that need turning 90 degrees. Otherwise the sump and the rest of the exhaust is flush with the bottom of the front subframe.

Mr Samulis , I have no idea on the price difference between the two. It depends if you were to start with a LS fitting kit from the states , but you would pay a small fortune for shipping and taxes here in the UK. If I were to start again with the Lexus I would make my own sump and stick with the autobox that came with the Lexus engine. That would save quite a lot of money on a manual boxes and adaptor.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Cheers for the photos, the sump is well out the way unlike mine and that exhaust system is very neat. The rear subframe is where mine hangs to low, hopefully I'll get it sorted this winter, time and money allowing. Must have a nice deep growl to it.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Hi Pip,

Sounds great.

So is it on the road now ?
Still playing ping pong with the dvla and my V5 document at the mo. I keep sending it to them and they keep sending it back un changed
. Have told them not to expect a christmas card from me this year unless they fecking sort it out!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Pip,

Sounds great.

Still playing ping pong with the dvla and my V5 document at the mo. I keep sending it to them and they keep sending it back un changed
. Have told them not to expect a christmas card from me this year unless they fecking sort it out!
[/quote]

A big round of applause for completing an epic challenge

The vids are very good much better than a few pics,nice to here it.It sounds sweet but even better when you here the exhaust note.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Hi Pip,

Sounds great.

[/quote]

Why does that affect getting it on the road ?

Just insure it as 4 litre what the V5 says is fairly irrelevent.

What was your issue with the diff / shafts ?

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Hi Pip,

Sounds great.

[/quote]

Why does that affect getting it on the road ?

Just insure it as 4 litre what the V5 says is fairly irrelevent.

What was your issue with the diff / shafts ?

Thanks
[/quote]

I assumed having an in correct v5 would cause a problem with the MOT - or is that not the case?

Nothing wrong with my diff and shaftsbut i will be changing them at some point for something stronger

Phil

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Hi,

Remind me what year is your MX5 ?

UK or Import ?

What year was the donor Lexus ?

Basically the only bit that matters is the emmissions.

Check with your preferred station about the cc but AFAIK it's not an issue (it certainly isn't with my MOT man)

Generally there is only an issue if you claim to have fitted a smaller engine and want to pay less road tax.

221 - 240 of 279 Posts