Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately for me, Turq was subject to an arson attack in October so bought a new one, same colour, different trim level, going from standard to S-VT Sport.

Being a nicer trim level I have found does not mean more cared for...the previous owner used my new 5 as an ashtray.

It's disgusting, she pretty much got ash everywhere apart from the ashtray.

Everything was yellow, was even tar coloured condensation dripping from the roof. It's disgusting.

I really want to contact the previous owner from details on the log book, just to tell her how disgusting she is, and hopes she treats her new motor with more respect than she treated this one. The front of the dials were YELLOW People! Yack!

Has anyone else contacted a previous owner via the log book info?

· Registered
161 Posts
Im sure people will know how you feel mate and your right, it's a bit gash how your car is. But contacting the previous owner over this will 9 times out of ten come to nothing. So your probably best of not even bothering. Obviousely you still can... But i wouldnt bother wasting my time and just get to cleaning

· Registered
9,546 Posts
I will answer in a few days.

· Oh, hai!
4,970 Posts

· erk alors el blast from th' past dude
4,480 Posts
Unfortunately for me, Turq was subject to an arson attack in October so bought a new one, same colour, different trim level, going from standard to S-VT Sport.

Being a nicer trim level I have found does not mean more cared for...the previous owner used my new 5 as an ashtray.

It's disgusting, she pretty much got ash everywhere apart from the ashtray.

Everything was yellow, was even tar coloured condensation dripping from the roof. It's disgusting.

I really want to contact the previous owner from details on the log book, just to tell her how disgusting she is, and hopes she treats her new motor with more respect than she treated this one. The front of the dials were YELLOW People! Yack!

Has anyone else contacted a previous owner via the log book info?
Did you buy the car unseen? or did you buy it after inspection? either way complaining afterwards because a car is mucky makes you look a right drama queen.
There is a phrase in the motor trade "as tried seen and approved" asides from deliberately concealing major mechanical issues it boils down to if you dont like what you see don't buy. Cost of a full professional valet?

· Registered
1,515 Posts
That's Gross Riisa, I've had same thing moving into a house, it was disgusting!! Unfortunately I think complaints will get you nowhere on this one, although the satisfaction of knowing she's read 'you're a dirty cow' letter might make you feel better :). At least its going to get looked after now :) What else have you got planned? Track days? You should come to JAE this year!!

· Supreme Overlord of nutzF1
1,691 Posts
If you bought the car directly from her you should have either walked away or negotiated the cost of a valet into the price. However, I assume if you have to go to the logbook to find her details you didn't buy it directly from her, in which case the condition in which she kept her own car is none of your business.

· RWD FTW!
451 Posts
Feel your pain...... years ago I bought a car from auction and was almost sick on the way home, nothing short of a total interior swap and wash down with valeting fluid cured it, lesson leant there.
I wouldn't even bother with a letter , it's pointless.

· Registered
334 Posts
Firstly sad to hear of the arson attack, that is not cool. I've never contacted any previous owners but I can't imagine they would be too bothered / pleased to hear from you. Hope the price reflected the condition.

Dirty pictures, thorough cleaning session, clean pictures, happy driving please!

· finds titles too "mainstream"
5,156 Posts
Seriously? Why?

She'll just be like

· 4 Speed, 4 Star
2,778 Posts
With an attitude like that, i'm not surprised your last car was burnt out.

Am i missing something or are you really as stupid as you are coming across?

5,156 Posts
Oh try being a bit less un-nice guys.

1. Implying someone deserves their car fucked up by arson is just frankly wrong, if that happened to my car I'd be utterly devastated I imagine OP was too and it's not something I'd wish on someone.

2. Yes the suggestion is utterly ridiculous, I've taken the piss out of it too, but the OP probably got the car cheaper due to the smoke damage (ironic in a top down car), so knew about it, but this still doesn't stop your being repulsed and disgusted when sorting it and probably felt a need after a job that nasty to vent more then actually contact the former owner, so perhaps personal insults aimed directly at OP are a bit strong given circumstance.

Let's maybe not let this descend into a full blown flame fest!

5,156 Posts
Maybe not "quite" but saying it's no surprise isn't far off.

· Registered
9,546 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.