Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening, I am currently in the process of running the Boost pipes for my turbo, and i have had to move the Power steering reservoir to get them where i want them. now i need to find a new home for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of anything other people have done? its the fittings that come out of the bottom that are the issue so maybe a different reservoir could be used?

Mark

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Do you really want PAS? Why not just remove the PAS, as its a quicker rack than the non-PAS anyway. I thought most of the pipes were solid anyway? Which wouldn't leave you with many, if any options

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Was thinking of doing the same in the future when I delete the MAF and shift the ARC airbox a little forward.
I was thinking of by the shock topmount/ diagnostics port area.

Is there any particular type of hose and connector to use that wont get eaten by the fluid?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the moment i am using the plastic hose joiners from halfords untill i can get my hands on some metal ones, i will just have to keep an eye on it, goes for the hose to, need to make sure you use proper hose suitable for use with oil.

In the end i just rotated the reservoir 90 degrees and this gave me enough room to get my boost pipe in. it is bolted in on the one side, and the pipes which are cable tied to the anti roll bar keep it from moving/bouncing. should do the trick, only time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.