Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5 FTW
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ive noticed if the car has been stood for a couple of days there is a faint smell of petrol in the cabin.. i did a search on here, and pretty much all the posts go on about leaks in the fuel tank/filler area.
However while having my geo done, Pete at Nigel Langs mentioned that there was a "petroly" smell round the front crossmember area.. so its possible i have a minor fuel leak somewhere round the engine.

i wont have chance to look at this until the weekend, but does anyone have an idea where to start and if there are any common issues?

Its a standard 94 1.8.

Ta

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Recently ive noticed if the car has been stood for a couple of days there is a faint smell of petrol in the cabin.. i did a search on here, and pretty much all the posts go on about leaks in the fuel tank/filler area.
However while having my geo done, Pete at Nigel Langs mentioned that there was a "petroly" smell round the front crossmember area.. so its possible i have a minor fuel leak somewhere round the engine.

i wont have chance to look at this until the weekend, but does anyone have an idea where to start and if there are any common issues?

Its a standard 94 1.8.

Ta
Just sorted a similar thing out on mine. The leak was from the injector. The injector rail is bolted to the head and if this is not tight enough, fuel can leak out from either the rail, injector o ring, or seals or a more than one of the above.

It is a very quick fix and easy to spot. It is also above your cross member.

Good luck

Rossi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts