Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'm still dreading the release of CS5 and the inevitable purchase of it at work. CS4 probably cost us more money in lost work than swine flu and two instances of work related stress.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
and miss out on the content aware fill tools?

don't be ridiculous

actually, to be entirely fair its premiere that causes the problems. I'm quite looking forward to photoshop

·
Turn it UP!!!
1,311 Posts
and miss out on the content aware fill tools?

don't be ridiculous

actually, to be entirely fair its premiere that causes the problems. I'm quite looking forward to photoshop
Feel free to PM/email me if you get stuck with Premiere, I use is daily, it may not be as "good" as Avid or FCP but it gets the job done and it's better than either of them on the export of DVD compliant files.

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
Not tried this yet... but apparently there's a plugin for GIMP that will do similar.

Don't waste your money on photoshop

·
slightly obsessed with my car...
3,287 Posts
Thats mentalllllllll!!!

·
Sideways is t'only way!
2,219 Posts
GIMP is not the same as photoshop.
No it's not it's a completely FREE alternative that can do quite a lot of things photoshop can do if you know your way round it.

Just thought I'd share the link about the Resynthesizer plugin since it does a similar thing to the Content Aware filter.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
you're right.

it's pretty common to find ninja stuff like this in open source software long before the major players get round to it.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I wonder if this would work on my wife. Would it make her think she'd just had sex - even though I was asleep? (And I do mean with me!!) I just can't be bothered these days. Make the most of it while you can- soon as you hit your mid-forties, a cup of tea is always more appealing.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Seriously why Premiere, i'm not being fanboi ish here but why the hell haven't you got FCP?
CS was fine, CS2 was fine, CS3 was fine, the versions before were fine, the logical progression was CS4. the thing is, you don't find out how bad it is until you're committed and by that point you've spent 2 1/2 grand a box on the suite and nobody wants to pay for any more software.

·
Registered
17,701 Posts
But why settle for fine?

Granted Final Cut Studio costs £820 but seriously in the time frame of the last 3 releases of Premiere, I've been fine with 1 original copy of FCS and 1 upgrade...has probably cost about the same.

Except FCP is industry standard...Premiere is not.

Anyway once the new mbp's are out (shakes fist at Steve for not sorting out Arrandale MBP's yet...I have been waiting since Christmas GODDAMNIT) I may have to get a copy of this and have a play.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts