Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've just bought two silver mk2 mudflaps off the forum, but they are silver instead of blue which my car is. I was thinking "oh no problem i'll get it painted", but I got quoted for ~60 quid all together. Is there any better solution, or should I just sell it on?

·
Registered
106 Posts
the paints 4 u colors are a great match, i used them for my guards and side skirts goes on nice and easily as well. Just take your time doing them and they will turn out great.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mx5 parts rattle cans are good,far better than the rubbish you get from Halfords.
But why bother with the hassle of fitting mud gaurds as they dont do anything and look naff.[just my opinion of course]

·
Registered
106 Posts
I lightly sanded mine then cleaned with meths and primed with a white primer as i was going from black to red, the reds supposed to have the white primer or it looks a bit flat and darker than the stock paint without. also helps guarantee the paints gonna stick properly. easy job just don't lay the paint on too thick nothing worse than getting the runs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.