Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has done this?

How would I go about separating the lense, I know its a heating method but I dont wanna go melting stuff by going off and doing it myself without knowing how lol

Which parts can I paint as well?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
[quote author=leonidas11b link=topic=808.msg46014#msg46014 date=1266078845]
Οριστε μερικες φωτο και απο εμενα με τα ωραια μου φαναρακια. :giveheart:

[/quote]

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys,

I noticed yesterday the brackets on my drivers side headlight were cracked, so gonna get a new one and have a play round with the old one, if it works nicely, I'll de-tango my headlights and paint the inners black

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
There was a thread on this on MiataNet forum, but I can't find it.

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Started on this today,

93 degrees celsius, which is a quarter gas mark, in for 10 mins, pried apart and painted, going to do the other side tomorrow and put them both back together

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went for black in the end, they look quite nice and set the front end right off, would recommend doing it!

I'll get some pics tommorow as I left my camera at home when I went out earlier and it was dark when I got back.

I decided to smooth the trim too, it has a load of ridges and lines in it, and everytime I was going to paint it, the paint was filling some of the dips between the lines but not all, so took some filler to it and smoothed it off, cant see it being a problem anyway as it wouldnt do anything for the light beam path with it being painted so smoothed and then painted hasnt seemed to make any difference to the light given off anyway

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Tada.....

Before:

After:

·
Welshy!
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Works for me :S

Try now

·
moon dragon
1,281 Posts
yeah works now

i do have a question for you, if driving at night with lights on, have you noticed the two beams of light that project upwards, more noticeable in mist and fog? if you have noticed it, I'm wondering if this would stop it?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.