Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of buying a hard top and getting my car resprayed but i dont know what a reasonable price is for a respray. Any one got any good ideas and does anyone know anybody good near milton keynes. I tried having it professionally polished and it looked great for 24 hours before the paint started to peel...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Painter Dave's estimate is spot on

I paid ?1000 for a full respray including all preparation, de-badge front & rear, number plate plinth removed, various dents & dings taken out, and stone chip protection line lowered to below sill level (impractical, but looks awesome, ha ha!).

Mine was done in the original colour, but with added sparkly bits in the lacquer, and looks brilliant IMHO

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Huntingdon isn't too far from mk is it? ?1000 for all that done sounds spot on!

Does it cost anything different to have your car sprayed in a completly different colour? Eg mine is red if I wanted it spraying in I dono black would it bump the price up any more or would it still be the same?

Also think about whether they will spray in bits you dont always see like under the bonnet, etc.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
It would bump up the price of you wanted inside the doors doing as it means taking the doors off to do it propperly like what I've done on mine so you can then paint inside the door shuts as well so it looks nice and clean, then there's if you want to paint underside of the bonnet and bootlid so it depends on how far you want to go

·
Registered
285 Posts
after my botched repair of a dent in the bonnet and o/s wing i finally asked a local body shop for a quote to repair and respray the front end, (wings,bonnet and bumper).
after removing both wings, bonnet, bumper and both headlights?, (i assume they mean covers), repair and respray all to match then refit, the cost would come to ?723.00, rather a lot i thought. the guy did say they aren't the cheapest but you do get what you pay for, i shall carry on looking around, i think.
paul

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
waveydavey where was that done? I've been quoted 400 to remove a couple of small scratches and dings and 1500 for a respray. I'd prefer 1000 for all of it.
PM sent with all the details matey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.