Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Can you start discussing how you want to do this. I want my involvement as a non-participant this year to be no more than supplying funds where you need them, the rent, tickets, food, lighting etc - and not in dribs and drabs either, I want firm requests for amounts not approximations that change afterwards.

I'm not receiving ticket payments either, it's up to you guys to sort out how you want people to do this - same with BBQ. Keep your lists as well so that you know who's genuinely in or out.

If you think I'm asking a lot of you, it's only what I've done myself over the last few years anyway, so it's someone else turn.

Just don't leave it too late before you start pulling things together. It's almost June already and there's been no activity on this front, so it's time for you to get cracking on.

Daz

·
Squashed Pears
4,659 Posts
BBQ money - I was going to suggest that it is paypaled directly to me or paid on arrival.

My plan is to go shopping for the stuff on the saturday to prevent storage problems ie the need for fridges. As its only planned to do one mass bbq then payment on the weekend should work, prior to going shopping and keeps it all seperate and prevents over spending too.

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW - the site fees transfer I made to Miles bounced (no idea why), so this hasn't been paid yet. Miles - you said it was more anyway. I suggest this is sorted out quickly otherwise your plot isn't secured so it's a matter of urgency.

Daz

·
Going nowhere slowly
5,422 Posts
Clare, if i cam make a sugestion re JAE BBQ....

From my experience of organising a few large JAE BBQ's its a logistical and finacial nightmare. First its a hassle getting the stuff, then you have to keep it fresh and be responsible for hygeine etc, then there's payment. Last one i did saw me about ?25 outa pocket when folks say there coming and they will pay on the day and for whatever reason they cant make it. Thanksfully a couple of very generous Nutzers made up the loss out of there own pocket.
Folks also think if they have paid then it should be cooked and served to them on a platter.
For PPC i said i would bring a large BBQ and the charcoal and let folks bring there own stuff too cook. It worked really well with folks bringing all sorts of there favourite things, fish, meat, corn'cob etc etc.
Work really great and thats what i'll be doing at Rotorstock
Jay

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
BTW - the site fees transfer I made to Miles bounced (no idea why), so this hasn't been paid yet. Miles - you said it was more anyway. I suggest this is sorted out quickly otherwise your plot isn't secured so it's a matter of urgency.

Daz
Yeah been pondering the camping situation, Fuggles reckons 1 camping pitch per 10 cars? So 3 pitches at ?20 each + ?30 for the main pitch = ?90.
Do you want to sent the cheque direct to fuggles along with the form if I supply you with the details?

Still no details as regards generators.

·
Squashed Pears
4,659 Posts
Clare, if i cam make a sugestion re JAE BBQ....

From my experience of organising a few large JAE BBQ's its a logistical and finacial nightmare. First its a hassle getting the stuff, then you have to keep it fresh and be responsible for hygeine etc, then there's payment. Last one i did saw me about ?25 outa pocket when folks say there coming and they will pay on the day and for whatever reason they cant make it. Thanksfully a couple of very generous Nutzers made up the loss out of there own pocket.
Folks also think if they have paid then it should be cooked and served to them on a platter.
For PPC i said i would bring a large BBQ and the charcoal and let folks bring there own stuff too cook. It worked really well with folks bringing all sorts of there favourite things, fish, meat, corn'cob etc etc.
Work really great and thats what i'll be doing at Rotorstock
Jay
Thanks for the input Jay.

I was thinking about previous jae bbq's and the problems involved. Ive always thought that catering for the whole weekend was too much and people could fend more for themselves, everyone going it technically an adult. Theres plenty of food vendors and small suitcase burners are only a tenner in aldi atm so people can sort themselves out more.

As Im a fan of the route of least resistance, least problems, least arguements and most fun - it might well be worth giving the "equipment available bring your own food" plan more thought.

Im not keen to do the booze run over the weekend again either. Last time me and Linda did this it was a complete pita but as we did it as a favour it can simply not be offered this year. (mind you as I will prob be going the shop you can garantee that my mouth will ask if anyone wants anything long before my brain engages and thinks about what a pest it is!)

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
As it stands Nutz will not be attending JAE this year.

Somebody needs to pay for this. I paid for it last year despite not actually going and I am not going to be bullied into paying for it again that is what Nutz funds are for.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Generator prices, but as we have no money it's accademic.

2.5m dual 500W lighting pole ?17.50 + VAT

4kva petrol generator (11 hour) ?49.50 + VAT

10kva diesel generator (11 hour) ?125 + VAT

Surge protectors ?10 + VAT
Plug adaptors for 6kva supply ?10 + VAT

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Site fees have been paid for to Lee. Keep up Miles.

What are your numbers like? That genny is expensive.

Daz

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
So have I got this right? Daz won't send me the money, but will send it to Lee so that he can send it me, to send to JAE peps? Why am I any more trustworthy that way than just sending it to me in the 1st place (2 month's ago). Or how about just send it straight to Fuggles?

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
My understanding is that Daz couldn't send it to you for some reason so sent it to me as he already had transferred funds successfully before.

As I said in the other thread - I can't do much with JAE this year as I have had something happen that will be taking up my time.

Send me a pm with your bank details and I will whizz it over to you.

·
Premium Member
18,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So have I got this right? Daz won't send me the money, but will send it to Lee so that he can send it me, to send to JAE peps? Why am I any more trustworthy that way than just sending it to me in the 1st place (2 month's ago). Or how about just send it straight to Fuggles?
Nothing to do with Lee being more trustworthy, but as usual you read my messages selectively. I tried to send to you, it didn't work. I explained that I realised why but you'd gone off in a huff, so I sent it to Lee - so Lee now has it. I explained by PM and in this section THAT I WILL NOT DEAL DIRECTLY WITH THE ORGANISATION - that's what you guys are organisers for. You also forget that you wanted me to do all the forms too and send them to John. It's unfortunate that Lee has to take a back seat for a while, but I guess it's more important than this event and you should respect that (I am doing).

That's the last I'll say on the subject of site fees. I have your bank details Miles, I can send further money as and when required, and I know what I did wrong last time. So please get off your high, paranoid horse and get this event organised. I'm not stepping in any further as it's an event I'm not attending.

My final say. No more arguments please.

Daz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.