Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I can make up my mind if I like something or not and don't need other peoples opinions, but on this one I am stuck.

For ages I've wanted to paint the inside of my lights red but had no idea how to get them apart until I read on here the other day

So I did a test run on an old light I had and now I'm not too sure

For starters the red is too dark and this is most likely because I used a red primer and not white. Which isn't helping me decide because of the colour match.

Let me know what you think,in the second pic the lense is just balancing to give you an idea.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I dont like clear lights, but your car does support two-tone motif.
So, with black roof and spoiler, lights should stay black.

On the other hand Rons idea is great!

Does blend better, keeps the black as well and does eliminated Lexusnes!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I like the red.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
i like them, i like the personal touch to mods, nothing worse than just buying stick on parts!

Well done, i think with the correct red they will look really original.

im going to tint mine again using lamin-x. i just put a read film over the standard orange indicator lense to give it that clean look.

Car looks great

Daz

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
LOL i think you should keep it black with those.

The after market lights you have seem to work better dark. IMHO

·
can have any beer he wants, as long as it's a
1,768 Posts
what make is your diagonal roll bar guv? it looks the same as mine but i've never known who makes 'em...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mock up take two, please excuse the VERY quick paint job and a VERY rough one at that lol. Its only to get an idea.

White primmer was the way to go and the colour match is good considering I sprayed the lights in about 20 mins

I much prefer it now its the correct shade, but not sure if I'm brave enough to do it yet.

Right, I'm off to the gym now. Let me know what you all think

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks so much better with the right red. It's different in a very good way.

I do agree with nmwisima and tomcat though, the black and red theme works very nicely on your car.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I wanted to do this when I had those lights, and I did exactly the same as you and broke the lense getting it off, so I canned the idea, but I say go for it, be different!!!!

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
you might get away with the red, that bit looks ok.
but unless you can tidy up how the lens cover affixes to it your light fitting its not going to look anything like good. Sorry - i dont think youll be able to fix it. (i dont mean the crack in that one)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Personally I prefer black, though if you could run them without the clear plastic lens, I'd say red!

Wonder what it looks like without the plastic lens! Is the plastic lens totally removable, could it be water tight without it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.