Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a search and a read but cant find anything recent.
i can get a service kit from my local factors using blueprint items inc cam cover gasket for £50 cheaper than the OEM service kit from mxparts.
great savings but are the OEM products worth the premium price?
i do get trade from local factors and try and use him wherever possible.

what do guys think?

kev

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It depends greatly on which parts, the cam cover gasket in particular it may be worth going for OEM. However if these are actual Blueprint parts (as in the company, not just another name for pattern parts) then their quality control is pretty good so can be used.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are blueprint brand.
may go for blueprint oil/air/fuel filters and ngk plugs from factors and get cam and autobox sump gaskets as genuine mazda from mxparts. still a great saving to be had.
always used blueprint for my shogun and other previous cars with no problems encountered so far and to be honest the boss of local factors is so helpful and has been so for many years, hes a trade supplier so all the independent garages in the area are using the blueprint stuff.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Decided to go for OEM from mxparts in the end as I got a great deal inc cam and auto box sump gasket and fuel filter.
This is the first service I've done to the eunos and seeing as its low mileage it will be a good base line to work from. I will use blueprint for the next one
Just need a quality spark plug socket now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.