Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Turn it UP!!!
1,311 Posts
What is the story behind the Us and them with NUTZ vs. OC club?

I'm a relative newbie to Nutz and I knew NUTZ was for me and not the OC, the name says it all. NUTZ
I have recognised a few double agents who play both sides openly and there is most likely loads more under false identities.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
oc is all about being old man like and boring.

turn up over there and suggest you want to fit wide arches, mad offset and stretched tyres.. you will be outcast.

Nutz anything goes.. even painting your daisies to look like daisies and puting vinyls on you car to say yes i am that way.

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
there isnt a them and us situation, not that i believe anyway.
wouldnt want there to be either.

why should there be ,or bother.

theres a lot of oc old and current that are on nutz, and lots of nutz that frequent the oc boards and meets. also club roadster and others etc etc..

there is a gen concensius that the majority of the oc are die hard no modding chaps,who frown apon anything out of place or different( i have expierienced this first hand over the car and my "look", but it certainly dont stop me talking to oc,going on oc meets,deals with oc members etc.

then on the flip side, there are arseholes on here too.(i can be at times aswell).

imho this site is better and better run,but they will say that aswell,or some will.

isnt worth thinking about or bothering over mate. pic your mates ,and live happy.

·
Premium Member
19,520 Posts
As Mr Ron said, there's no 'us' and 'them'

I used to frequent the OC a lot, (more than Nutz at one point), but since the site changed I've treid two new logins and failled to get it working properly.

There's a lot less traffic on the OC since the move too which is a shame, but ce-la vie.

Again there's no them and us, we co-exist nicely IMO

·
Tesco Value chicken fucker
3,735 Posts
There's nothing in it. A few people like to make a big deal about Nutz vs OC, but it's all bollocks. I think one or two peeps have had a bad experience with certain individuals and have decided generalise about the clubs/forums. Sad really.

·
Ecosse
3,884 Posts
Used to be a fully paid up member of the OC. As a former Round Table Treasurer Secretary & Chairperson a good few moons ago and past member of Capri Club Scotland & the Opel Monza OC, I found myself at odds with core aspects of fund allocation/distribution (especially one particalar as yet unanswered)"anomaly" regarding the accounts. The OC forum is populated by an eclectic bunch which you will always get in any organisation. I've not sensed a Them & Nutz, so I assume there is a mature attitude to a "live and let live" policy. Scottishfivers has many OC subscription payers who choose to support both clubs, and it works well because we leave politics alone and simply enjoy each other's company & enthusiasms but most importantly respect each other's freedom of choice.
Any club is anything you want it to be and if people perceive issues, but can't be motivated to put themselves forward to change things..as I have often found..
they only have to vote with their feet or wallet and keep company with those they prefer, but I have not sensed this in Nutz (admittedly I don't know you guys really well)..so I assume there are no noteable divisions. What is more apparent is the dual-memberships between the two which is a good healthy attitude.Just like Scottishfivers really!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I was a fully paid up OC member, some useful stuff on there, but it is a bit more 'mg' whereas nutz is a bit more 'tokyo drift'

(sweeping generalisation)

No specific them and us, jsut a different slant.

Oh, and I havent posted on the new forum since an initial rant about how shit it is.

·
Previous Grand Master
2,536 Posts
Humm well, I have always been in the OC and I joined nutz when it first came about.

I was basically the original moderator for the OC forum for may years (however the OC is not really centred on the forum, but Nutz has its roots and friendships spawned from its forum) - about 5 years I think and only resigned recently a few months back as I found myself really more at home on Nutz (and harrdly ever on the OC since the changes) where ive many friends and the cars and people tend to be more my style.
I have friends in the OC as well
and go to meets when I can.

Basically as others have said, they are not exclusive of each other and neither nutz or OC are for or against modifications. I think we live together fairly well.
You get knobs in all walks of life so your bound to find one in either from time to time.

[font="Verdana, arial, sans-serif"]vive la diff?rence

[/font]

·
Detects stupidity. Attacks without mercy.
13,839 Posts
My only issue with the OC is that i didnt feel i was getting value for my ?25 membership (i was a member for a couple of years) and recently i would say the the new forum is fairly shoddy. OC moderation has also been a bit draconian at times. But thats organisational stuff - i frequently tag along on OC drives (Brighton run, and Brands visit in the last month alone) and have hung out with some lovely folks.

Some of the shit that gets posted on here wouldnt be tolerated on the OC, and sometimes i think thats for the better! You certainly get less txt-spking retards on their forum - we seem to get a lot of their cast-offs!

·
The nutzer formerly known as Fenix
1,579 Posts
As a new member of Nutz and new to MX-5 forums in general it didn't take me much reading to realise that Nutz is the slightly more laid back, less anal side of MX-5 Forums.

It may be a sweeping generalisation but thats my impression based on experiences with other "rival" marque or model forums. There always seems to be a purist paint and polish forum and the "Its a good start but we can improve it" modification type forum. Neither is bad, just depends on where your interests lie.

That said i will prob sign up to the OC forums at some point as the more info you get on any subject the better. Just don't think they'll like what i'm going to do when i get a 5.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
I've a membership of the OC too. Must admit I have virtually never used their forum, but tbh there will be some useful info on there and I should try to use it more (nutz takes all my time though
). I have been along to the odd run here and there and in my area at least those that show up tend to be on older age group compared to nutz. I don't really see an 'us and 'them' thing either I think there's many of the OC who aren't aware of nutz and if they are are ambivalent to it. Those that have a problem with nutz are probably in the minority - certainly in cheshire and north wales area I think that's the case.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
What is the story behind the Us and them with NUTZ vs. OC club?

I'm a relative newbie to Nutz and I knew NUTZ was for me and not the OC, the name says it all. NUTZ
I have recognised a few double agents who play both sides openly and there is most likely loads more under false identities.
No true Nutz member needs to ask such question!
The answer to why Nutz is the best forum around is pretty obvious

(just kidding about the first part mate
)

·
Tesco Value chicken fucker
3,735 Posts
Some of the shit that gets posted on here wouldnt be tolerated on the OC, and sometimes i think thats for the better!
I agree. I'm sometimes disgusted by peoples rude and vulgar posts here. I wonder if these people would say things like that to their mothers and I wonder if SHE would think their potty mouths are funny.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm a member of both and my view is there is room for both forums.

There is nothing wrong with folk wishing to keep their cars standard or folk who really wish to individualise their cars. Everyone has different tastes and thats ok by me.

Actually I kind of fit in the middle ground. I like to individualise my car but I'm not radical or extreme. But one thing is certain both forums cater for MX5 enthusiasts and in their own way have been helpful to me when I have needed a question answered.

In my experience (and I'm guilty as well) writing a quick post, like an email is dangerous if you don't read it back as though you are the one receiving it before pressing the send/post button. It is difficult to convey emotion and humour in such a way as to be non offensive to everyone ergo some posts can appear rude and terse. Posts and emails can be cold and detached and words take the place of actions/gestures. Conversely watch someone on the mobile phone having a conversation- how many peeps wander around, wave arms, kick feet, scratch bums or whatever. All these gestures make talking at a distance more emotional and help to convey what we really mean. Posting or sending email doesn't afford the writer this opportunity so words are substituted for actions.

My view is that on most occasions when someone appears rude the original poster didn't mean to come across the way he/she did.

Now shoot me, stick pins in me or burn my effigy and see if I care!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm on here because I couldn't figure out how to operate the OC forum!

A year or so ago they changed their forum software and made it so ridiculously complicated to transfer to the new system that I gave up, didn't renew my membership and started using this forum.

·
Oh, hai!
5,001 Posts
My only issue with the OC is that i didnt feel i was getting value for my ?25 membership (i was a member for a couple of years) and recently i would say the the new forum is fairly shoddy. OC moderation has also been a bit draconian at times. But thats organisational stuff - i frequently tag along on OC drives (Brighton run, and Brands visit in the last month alone) and have hung out with some lovely folks.

Some of the shit that gets posted on here wouldnt be tolerated on the OC, and sometimes i think thats for the better! You certainly get less txt-spking retards on their forum - we seem to get a lot of their cast-offs!
To be fair to this place though, the majority do write and spell correctly, which is refreshing for a car forum. Most of the forums I do, or used to, frequent are populated by some right cretins.

But anyway, I digress. I registered on the OC first because when I was looking for a '5, I Googled "MX-5 OC" to do some research. I then found a link to here (I forget how) and found it to be alot more relaxed, a lot busier and more the sort of forum I would use regularly. I've hardly posted on the OC since registering here. Not because I dislike the OC, but because I prefer things here.

So ner.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was a member of the coupe-club, and it was great. Ended up even paying a small amount to become a member, think it was 10 quid? This allowed just one small section to become available. I thought for all the help I got, it was worth it.

I read up a bit before buying my car on the OC forum, and saw the cheeky comments AND you HAD to pay before you could post anything!? Posted on Nutz and everyone was super nice, got good help- happy days

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.