Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,415 Posts
One reeeally need doing as well. Been putting it off like 3 years now. Hidden by side skirts which doesn't help motivate me lol

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
One reeeally need doing as well. Been putting it off like 3 years now. Hidden by side skirts which doesn't help motivate me lol
Get it done b4 job bigger and inside buttresses rot 2.
I think with welding its the thought of it that puts you off, once doing i actually love it. Fizzing metal. Angle grinding sparks lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
5,415 Posts
Yeh I enjoy welding, it's the time and weather atm. I only have 1 garage and the NB sits in it, I dont want to be taking it out and exposing it to the weather. It's also not insured when parked on the drive, only when locked in the garage and I know it's going to be a few days to sort the rust. Not really the weather to paint atm either. Got a track day in Dec so cant start until then (busy weekends until then), but then I want to crack on with the turbo install.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
So not as neat as was hoping, panel sunk...couldnt get it back flush...so carried on and threw more molten metal at it....and bloody plug holes on bottom only half pentrated into original metal till amps on max...think i got em.
Now onto filler make it look ok. Its solid...only just better than otherside and was proper trying too lol🦧🦧🦧

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Done, tidy up time.
The Beast is getting a soaking...
Small skin of filler from the half new pot??? and a lazy sand. Some wire wheeling to remove rust in cill end.
Heavy coat of stone chip.
Aint gonna fail the mot.

·
5,415 Posts
Woooop!

I've 2 sets of MOTs, insurance and tax due this month, guna be a pricey one.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Im very lucky, exhaust is original, its hanging but leak free. Emmisions wouldnt play ball but went through on cat test. Keep looking on FB for a st/st item small picking for a NB its all either mk1 or mk2.5.
Chassis legs still dandy.
I was sat in car and could hear scraping and banging nope there good.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts