Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Well ive had an interesting night on facebook. There are some interesting characters on there...and some rude 1s too.
Lol. I gave as good as i got.
There 2500usd in usa... i could quite easily make a frame out of pallet wood and ship...woukd get me out of diy.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
So front wheel on a mk2.. 1hr tops yeah... not if you round the head of the caliper carrier bolt doh. Had to grind it off. Heat lube swear and get the stud out. Done now. 3 hrs lol.
It was an advisory last year and well it felt fine to me and still felt fine when i decided to check it today and as i had the part do it for fun .
Mot tuesday... do you know what i reckon ill scrape another year...
Exhaust is hanging but not blowing thanks to fire putty on rear joint and rust aint got worse thanks to metal morphises.
No more restos just maintain and drive.
So a few hrs of grinding taping swearing and we have a new wheelbearing fitted. test driven all fine apart from the dead throttle on warm up thats back grrrr.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,120 Posts
Oh and check out my heat/ dust shields lol.

Was literally just thinking that, lol. At least it's weight reduction.

Also jealous of that tap and dye set, mines like 19 piece total, of which I've only ever needed 2 tbf.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Woohoo.. it passed 2nd mot with me straight (ish) through.
I keep harping on about this metalmorphises stuff but it works..
Anyways emissions was a bitch. Took a few attempts and some revving and 3k static to get the CO in.. went through on last attempt.
Mot man suspect ECT or lazy lambda...im gonna put a new front lamda in as its on its 3rd ECT...
He said its rich on warm up which would choke it as its doing on trip to work.

But its through woohoo.

So over winter treat it to new exhaust and lambda sensor.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
New IL motorsport 02 sensor in.
Back on emmisions tester.. 0.02 C0..result...
No stutter on 1 warm up . to early to call. Ill do low speed warm up route to work tomoz.
Mileage 88008.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Yep no dead throttle stutter.. seems to be finally put to bed drove it 15 mins all 30 mph and less stop start roundabouts etc til fully warm. Oem gauge showing middle where it sits when warmed up. Aftermarket showed 40degs then thermostat opened up to 85ish.
Now parked up for winter battery disconnected and no road salt.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Lol same treatment for the FD..
But 20 mins ended up being an hour drive just for fun..nothing makes you tingle like a rx7..i keep thinking about selling but then i go for a drive....

·
5,120 Posts
OOooo too wet for that to be out.

I'm guna have to park the NBFL up this week, I can barely get it off the drive in close to freeze damp conditions, the AR1s just spin, lol.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Yeah took 2 laps of bedford gt circuit for them to come alive last week..very sketchy...but fun.
Rx7.. yeah i know. Some tentative part throttle pulls to redline to give her a clearout and get the oil above 80degs. Luckily dont suffer the rust issues of mx5s and rx8s....

·
5,120 Posts
Very true. Reminds me I really really need to do my sills....

·
5,120 Posts
Yeh, and a large amount of angle grinding. Just have little motivation in this weather. I suppose the NB needs to be able to move about first as well as i'll need the garage space, even after the tensioner is done the tune is so bad it wont idle well at all.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts