Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Well the 10ae got an airing at keevil as my mates fiesta broke its engine mount...engine dropped and driveshaft gaiter all tore up... but engine seems ok atmo. so he used the 10ae from 11am onwards.
little vid from donny my mates took.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Recycled the Dumb coolant gauge from turbo car... and vent rubber ducky thingy... now have a proper gauge...nice n stealth install.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
So hardtop rescued from Spider alley.. and duly fitted.. but with mot on 16th Nov and poss a fail...thinking of selling hardtop as will be sorned with a custom cover on.
So asking price. its a rare mint 10ae hardtop in innocent blue mica with cover and wall hanging brackets....gotta be £750 surely or am i just being greedy...quite tempted to list on all the FB groups as will price create a quite a stir ?? Anyless i may as well keep. Ill re invest money in m2 camber arms and polybushing .
Whatya reckon..off my rocker? Dont hold back guys..lol

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,120 Posts
No idea on price tbh, they are insane on FB all driven up by one particular vendor, the same one who thinks a 6 speed is worth £750 excluding shipping, and yet always seems to struggle to get rid of any stock :unsure: No harm in putting it up and seeing what you get offered.

Why do you want the camber arms?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I wanna get to 3.5 neg camber on front to get these a052s optimal. Plus pillow ball bushing etc. Ive ran out of things todo to it except forging and bushing ha ha.

·
5,120 Posts
That's quite a lot, what makes you think you need so much? I run -1.8 and tyre wear seems pretty even on AR1s.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Outer shoulder wear on the a052s the bumpf from yokohama states a min of -3.5. I just wanna go faster too so pushing the envelope some nice shiny arms is also less bushes to get out and in.. although im not really a fan of polybushing...over a new set of metalastic rubber 1s so may get new oem bottom arms. Renew all bolts etc.
My arms look original although no play. New is not gonna hurt.

·
5,120 Posts
Interesting. Let me know how you get on, I'm considering a set of fronts to add more camber, I don't need it atm but likely will next season. I had a friend have some pretty bad experience with the gravity rears, will be interested to see how the M2 fronts are.

·
5,120 Posts
Lol. I can't find the time to do either. The mk2 is still in bits, I really need to put it back together, just one of those things as while I have everything off there are a number of things I might as well do (such as engine mounts). I can't buy anything turbo related for the track car until black Friday, I have no motivation to do the sills on it either atm as the weather is too poor to paint, and I've had to SORN the celica until December so I don't have anything large enough to get materials for the larger enclosure I've been meaning to build the rabbit for the last 6 months 😆 My garage lighting is shit and it's dark so early now I can't do anything on weekdays anyway.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Lol. Everything i touch Diy ends in me swearing. New bathroom taps. Sweet. Get up in night for a pee and wet feet. Taps fine but whilst led on floor between bowl n basin i must have disturbed the toilet sanitary seal... New smoke alarms no good had to send em back... gloss paint is shite not like it used tobe.. 3 coats on doors.. had enough time to scamper back into garage and done things with nuts n bolts..
1 thing that did go well put up a blink 4 camera system round house. really impressed super easy...already caught trick or treaters tramping over lawn and kids ball bouncing of my rx7

·
5,120 Posts
Nice. We were going to get a similar system but our neighbours have installed one now and it covers both drives so no need. Lol.

I know what you mean about the paint, when we redecorated here the previously dark blue walls took 6/7 coats to fully cover, I couldnt believe it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Paranoid about my trailer going walkies lol.
Its got a tracker. Chained to a lamppost. Hitch lock and english axle halfshaft padlocked to it underneath and a railway sleeper chocking it in. Plus an ex hells angel neighbour who keeps an eye onit as he is nocturnal lol.

·
5,120 Posts
Yeh I don't blame you. The guy I used to collect the NB had had someone cut his axles off to try and seal his, which obviously wasn't a particularly well thought through plan...

·
layabout
2,433 Posts
quite tempted to list on all the FB groups as will price create a quite a stir ??

theres a good fb group for this ;)

😜

Rich.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Lol. Its listed on facebook...some wise arse has already commented.. its the only 1 currently for sale in the uk that i can find in innocent blue mica and its mint.
Them 10ae guys there fanatical about there cars and the watches n brochure. Im sure it will go to a good home....maybe not this year . Aint budging on price ill keep

81 - 100 of 116 Posts