Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So rears.. there out and again more rust treatment.. underneath of this car got a film of silt type mud all over it like its been driven round a muddy field or farm car. I was absolutley plastered in dirt.
Treated all of rear end after wire wheel in drill.
Exhaust is just about hanging in there too. finish tomoz.
acac67f7b61c2ec5b64b23b030341287.jpg
b18f5b8ebf522db8da64f3cabb6081d6.jpg
79e52ba13dcd767d84affea5be56131c.jpg
ede80501b95dd318f13d8140117cf518.jpg
d61ac3e46a1e0a12b0ec7c0cbd358d63.jpg
2648613ffb9c74b6b8a0fecbabdc7a1f.jpg
86c5482d138905c32888a83861279d43.jpg
13f6a7cb1f6d58f75604790802fe879d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Rears finished. Dropped 50mm all round in end readjusted fronts. Roadtest lovelly jubbly. Currently on softest setting as per instructions.
22928ae384a3d1a19c28c9004226b4f2.jpg
24df04d4cd4b7ebd5ea1b76ccd583fc7.jpg
ec550231e99697963a417e6e6c3dd4fb.jpg
30128bb082a4995833f3b02d6738a334.jpg
97cbc3cfc4c30d81bd4defa9db1d692e.jpg
1e7ac836d9eaa87fcdf153ec9b165fa3.jpg
a22495396e6d8d20003380f0ac32927a.jpg
64c7e72cf8f4db456029108d4023005c.jpg
53d99bc734ea0a70a691e443c3d8f295.jpg

·
Vendor
51 Posts
Well time for an oil change. So 5w40fs oil filter and air filter. Oil was black and so was air filter. 85157 miles. Sparks done last year those increase bhp from bofi 1s
Fitted some blue stuff ebc too ready for monday.
Its rather crusty underthere subframe and arms ..but chassis legs dandy to quote mot man..
Usual shite with ebc.. have to file the ears to get them to fit in carriers and remove backing material to swing caliper im.. of my mate didnt have an account id buy different.
d5d7c56b0c251d0fb8e78c081628ce25.jpg
2e98b487c0f9ef69213a49e7bca23ceb.jpg

Hi, I want to see what we can do to resolve any issues you are having with our pads and I have taken some time to look into your specific problem.
We have looked at drawings, obtained a caliper and tested this with our discs and pads and found that the pads/disc fitted fine (including the pad fitting tabs) and we had no issues. We did however have an issue whilst the caliper and fittings were rusty and contaminated with dirt and debris. We cleaned the caliper and tried again and everything fitted well. All of our backing plates/materials are manufactured to OEM specification. Please see attached photo FYI.
I would be interested in any further feedback you or any other member can offer as that is what we are here for. Thanks

·
Vendor
51 Posts
All EBC brakes seem to be like that, rather poor if you ask me, they arent exactly priced cheaply (without discounts) either.
Hi, I want to see what we can do to resolve any issues you are having with our pads and I have taken some time to look into the problem. We have obtained a caliper and tested this with our discs and pads and found that the pads/disc fitted fine (including the pad fitting tabs) and we had no issues. We did however have an issue whilst the caliper and fittings were rusty and contaminated with dirt and debris. We cleaned the caliper and tried again and everything fitted well. Our backing plates/materials are manufactured to OEM specification. Please see attached photo.
I would be interested in any further feedback you or any other member can offer as that is what we are here for. Thanks

·
Vendor
51 Posts
Ive lost count of the times ive filed them to remove powder coating and metal to fit in the carriers. I couldnt swing the caliper in after either due to the stick on backing so binned off.
But they are good.. all bedded in now and stoppage has been greatly improved with so far no sqealing. My mate has an account so they where trade price so where cheap.

Hi, I want to see what we can do to resolve any issues you are having with our pads and I have taken some time to look into the problem. We have obtained a caliper and tested this with our discs and pads and found that the pads/disc fitted fine (including the pad fitting tabs) and we had no issues. We did however have an issue whilst the caliper and fittings were rusty and contaminated with dirt and debris. We cleaned the caliper and tried again and everything fitted well. Our backing plates/materials are manufactured to OEM specification. Please see attached photo.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,007 Posts
I would be interested in any further feedback you or any other member can offer as that is what we are here for. Thanks View attachment 58947
It seems to be a lack of consistency that causes the problem in my experience, I've had sets that are fine and set's that are significantly "gummed up" with powder coat for want of a better phrase.

In regards to the rust, I appreciate it can cause fitment issues but im my case my calipers are powdercoated, I have no issues with OE pads in these calipers but have had with EBC. I also have wilwood dynalite calipers on another car which are a year old and being aluminium do not rust yet have had issues with yellowstuff pads fitting in these as well so dont believe rust and contamination are the sole cause.

I also feel pedal feed;/feedback is a big issue with EBC pads. I never had much confidence in the yellowstuffs in the dynalites, pedal travel wasn't great and initial bite was poor. I have now moved to BP20 pads mostly due to cost and these are miles better. I know there is a new yellowstuff compound though so they might now perform better (my pads were purchased about 18 months ago).

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Vendor
51 Posts
It seems to be a lack of consistency that causes the problem in my experience, I've had sets that are fine and set's that are significantly "gummed up" with powder coat for want of a better phrase.

In regards to the rust, I appreciate it can cause fitment issues but im my case my calipers are powdercoated, I have no issues with OE pads in these calipers but have had with EBC. I also have wilwood dynalite calipers on another car which are a year old and being aluminium do not rust yet have had issues with yellowstuff pads fitting in these as well so dont believe rust and contamination are the sole cause.

I also feel pedal feed;/feedback is a big issue with EBC pads. I never had much confidence in the yellowstuffs in the dynalites, pedal travel wasn't great and initial bite was poor. I have now moved to BP20 pads mostly due to cost and these are miles better. I know there is a new yellowstuff compound though so they might now perform better (my pads were purchased about 18 months ago).
Thanks for replying and for the additional detail, I am disappointed that you have found issues in the past. Would you be prepared to try our pads again if I sent you a free front set of your choice? Perhaps you could then let us know what you think....

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,007 Posts
Thanks for replying and for the additional detail, I am disappointed that you have found issues in the past. Would you be prepared to try our pads again if I sent you a free front set of your choice? Perhaps you could then let us know what you think....
Yeh sure, I'd be happy to try a set out.

Reactions: EBC Brakes UK

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hiya. EBC.
This car 10ae mk2 runs the 250mm disc front and rear. The problem was the rear pads ( your piccy is a front caliper) with the sticker pad i could not close the caliper into the carrier so had to remove. Pads were blue stuff.
In all fairness ive lost count of the number of times ive filed the ears on multiple pads to fit carriers i do just expect it.
Ive just ordered via larkspeed sport 270mm rear pads for my other car green stuff as apparently yellow stuff 6 weeks lead time. Hopefully these will fit in there.
In yet another car ive got blue stuff fitted in my retired from track rx7fd...AP6pot 330mm.
Ive gotta swap them out for road use pads whilst they were great on track there massive overkill on road..easily locks up standard road going front tyres.

·
Vendor
51 Posts
Hiya. EBC.
This car 10ae mk2 runs the 250mm disc front and rear. The problem was the rear pads ( your piccy is a front caliper) with the sticker pad i could not close the caliper into the carrier so had to remove. Pads were blue stuff.
In all fairness ive lost count of the number of times ive filed the ears on multiple pads to fit carriers i do just expect it.
Ive just ordered via larkspeed sport 270mm rear pads for my other car green stuff as apparently yellow stuff 6 weeks lead time. Hopefully these will fit in there.
In yet another car ive got blue stuff fitted in my retired from track rx7fd...AP6pot 330mm.
Ive gotta swap them out for road use pads whilst they were great on track there massive overkill on road..easily locks up standard road going front tyres.

Thanks for coming back to me with more info. Would you be interested in me sending you some free pads to try and maybe tell us how you get on with performance and fitting, perhaps make a small video clip if the pads don't fit easily? You can choose the pads you want, if so PM me.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Lol. Poodling along to work at 5.30am this morning...
Abs light on.. ohh.. 2 mins later.... airbag light... stereo goes off....
Oh dear im in trouble now...

Then battery light on as cuts out as i coast through factory gates.. and helped pushed into a parking bay.

9v on battery.. click click click.

So either alternator or battery or both.

Moral of story... dont wash car

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Lol. In my mates beaten up old fiesta.. got my jumppack now for 2nd jab. Drive home on that later fingers x lol
Ill test when back at work whether alternator working withba multimeter.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Alternator dead.
Pulled back passenger carpet to check ecu and dry as a bone.

Josh at Unit 3 has 1 so pick that up tomoz.

Got jump pack and battery on charge at work.. 15 mins to get home... will i make it lol. Find out later lol.

·
layabout
2,350 Posts
Got jump pack and battery on charge at work.. 15 mins to get home... will i make it lol. MAYBE Find out later

Edited & corrected for you - charge your phone, take an extra coat & water in case of getting stranded:p

Rich.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts