Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1401 - 1420 of 1435 Posts

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,415 Posts
330nm is 243ftlbs, you're really pushing it IMO. They really should tune the waste gate duty to bring that down to a safer level, you'll lose some area under the curve but it'll be a lot safer, the duty won't need to change near the top as you are making peak torque at 5600 and it falls after that so peak power will still be the same.

·
5,415 Posts
Held together this long at least so suppose it's track tested lol

·
layabout
2,795 Posts
I read somewhere that the b6 rods are good for 300rwhp
B6ZE(rs) 1.6L mx5 engines share the same conrods as the 1.8L mx5 engines and they may be light but definately spindly compared to the B6T turbocharged engines conrods as fitted in Mazda's 323 turbo 4x4 hatchback

B6t rods are 25g heavier though:confused:

Rich.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yep gt2554r, was on 2.25 system, but was choked a fair bit at top end. feb 21 went to 3" kraken system and car felt so much better after the remap and power didnt tail off. Marks done all the tuning on this car. Been on the rollers 4 times.
Im not really interested in numbers it would prob put down different numbers on a another dyno on a different day. This run/ tweak was to match the boost to the last tune.
I really thought the wastegate was aligned but tiny bit out n failed. Turbo was clocked by me to fut with the bofi IC kit car came with. Must be 20 plus hard trackdays on it now. I,ve have great service from unit 3.
Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Didn't realise this was a 1.6 either! They're good numbers. I'll make sure to get the bigger exhaust on ASAP then. Yeah I'm not chasing numbers either, rather a reliable power I can beat on without worrying about it.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,408 ·
So been looking at the graphs feb 21 and recent.
Im up 10nm from last map.
But alot colder wet day.
Peak of 330nm at 5620 rpm.
But its over 300nm til 6500 where it all starts to tail off.
Feb 21 map 320 at 6200rpm.
I change up at 6500rpm.
Rod anxiety is up there.
B4 figures. Bhp losses way out at 141. Ive used frictional loses off 17%.

·
5,415 Posts
Losses of 141hp? What? Pretty sure someone miss typed something on the dyno for that one XD 43hp seems way more reasonable if not a little high. I have a 40hp loss which is comparable, it's driving the SC as well though, although if it's only measuring that on run down the SC is effectively just free wheeling with no load or air. I do see ~40hp loss reported on most realistic dyno plots tbf.

·
5,415 Posts
LIkely not calibrated or something.

The whp figures are the same really so that's what matters. I think you've done enough hard track days for you to be happy it's safe enough. You did a few in pretty hot weather this year as well didn't you? That should be plenty.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,414 ·
Yep, stop being a bed wetter.
If /when it goes bang. Ill come back stronger. Here to stay with the mighty b6..
I got a 1.6 auto engine in garage sat doing nothing too.

·
5,415 Posts
Yep, stop being a bed wetter.
If /when it goes bang. Ill come back stronger. Here to stay with the mighty b6..
I got a 1.6 auto engine in garage sat doing nothing too.

that's the way. I've a spare 40k mile VVT motor for the same reason.

Reactions: boosted

·
5,415 Posts
It's the rods that need to be stronger. Stock pistons are good for like 400hp aren't they.

1401 - 1420 of 1435 Posts