Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1381 - 1400 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,381 ·
Must admit been very happy with the car, compared to the Westfield i had its been a joy to own.
Not quite as quick but its up there, i can forgive a few failures.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,415 Posts
still more than fast enough! lol. As there's always rods and a 2560r if you felt like it

Reactions: boosted

·
5,415 Posts
Jesus that's taken all the skin off

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,385 ·
Back from unit 3, car all sorted. Had to change wastegate spring from 0.5 to 0.8 1.
Dialed in the duty and curve overlays old curve.
237hp @ the wheels. Up 1 pony.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,389 ·
Its only numbers same as b4, just a case of getting this mamba actuator dialed in. The 0.5 bar spring was weak compared to the garrett 1.
Plus piston instead of diaphragm if that makes any diff. I dont know.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Didn't realise you were a GT2554R on this, I ended up clocking mine to get the actuator to fit, but I've got it sat the opposite side from you, away from the manifold. Is it a 3" Kraken system? I'm running 0.8Bar on a manual boost controller just now but on a 2.25" cat-back.

Will go have a proper read through the thread again!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,394 ·
Yep gt2554r, was on 2.25 system, but was choked a fair bit at top end. feb 21 went to 3" kraken system and car felt so much better after the remap and power didnt tail off. Marks done all the tuning on this car. Been on the rollers 4 times.
Im not really interested in numbers it would prob put down different numbers on a another dyno on a different day. This run/ tweak was to match the boost to the last tune.
I really thought the wastegate was aligned but tiny bit out n failed. Turbo was clocked by me to fut with the bofi IC kit car came with. Must be 20 plus hard trackdays on it now. I,ve have great service from unit 3.

·
5,415 Posts
"Im not really interested in numbers" - has the highest HP 2554 setup I've seen lol.

Reactions: Zed.

·
5,415 Posts
I always thought it was 1.8, lol.

I do need to see it on track at some point, next year when my 2860rs is installed.

Reactions: boosted

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,399 ·
I read somewhere that the b6 rods are good for 300rwhp... i know its not true but i believe it 100% as it gives a me a lil margin in the "dont worry about your rods there be fine that rattles around my brain"
Seriously having had cars tuned for the last 30 yrs and taking 1 car from 1 set of rollers to next and getting different numbers. Numbers is all they are.
Peak boost on the gauge was 1bar. That being a rainy cold wet day. Come summer thatll be down to 0.85ish.
I know im on the limit and i hope unit 3 dynos is abit over and not abit under.. lol
But since feb 21 ( and b4 on 2.25 exhaust) its been epic its got all the right stuff onit.
I didnt want more just the same. ( i did but them dam rods).

·
5,415 Posts
The rods are good for 240ftlbs if you wana tread the line, at 7200rpm this will see you too 330hp, a more conservative 220ftlbs will see you to 300hp. Boost taper is your friend.

Just don't make peak torque too early, run a little rich and try not to worry.

I'll be aiming for 190ftlbs and 260hp on the turbo car. My supercharged one makes 200ftlbs at 2000rpm and frankly it worries me :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Zed.
1381 - 1400 of 1435 Posts