Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1301 - 1320 of 1366 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,301 ·
Stripped it out.. more belt damage..tensioner too.. and not located on pin.
22mm whiteline arb and racing beat brace made bottom pully bolt removal a bastard.. but yeah summit went through it. Cam Pully back plate defo going back on.
Piccies..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,302 ·
So up from weekend nights, moto gp.
Cam gears off. Back plane cover thingy on... spare 20 mins b4 work prep...
Ill do me cam cover.. 1/2 can left of black and 1/3 can left of red.
Quick clean with solvent and rag. Red in rh black in lh..
Lol.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,303 ·
Fingers x parts arrive tomoz..get my car back together. Doing belt rollers n gen cam gasket. WP is new metal impellor zero play. It was all pretty new tbh done by previous owner just b4 i bought it.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,358 Posts
Done .. lol parts arrived bish bash bosch.

Didn't know you were COP. Was that a necessity or just a precaution

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,309 ·
Today, new rear pads..and from Frentech on ebay a pair off replacement silder kits. 1 kit for each side.
Both silders showing signs of pitting so removed. Frentech kit 2 sliders rubbers and that lower slider plastic cap thing. All replaced painfree.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,312 ·
Back from combe.
Pretty poor day really for track time. Just way to many cars... got in 5 sessions. 3 red flagged at 5 mins... 1 clear 12 min sessions. Then 35 min q to get out at 4.50.. to get red flagged on out lap.
Car fine 1 good session all day. 12 cars on track fine but 65 attending just too many.
Killed off some a052s so need 2.
Got 1 vid as swearing my head off in other 4...

·
5,358 Posts
Yeh I saw the 12 car limit in my email earlier. Bit worried about it as it seems very low compared to previous days I've been on.

65 cars attending is way to many.

Who was the organiser?

Reactions: Yugen

·
5,358 Posts
Rsffe, a facebook group.
I knew it was gonna be busy but not that busy lol. Is what it is. Done now. I got 1 decent session in. Hope you have a good day.

Recently got back from mine with Cooksport. Morning was wet, only 3-5 cars bothered to go out all morning so super quiet. Rest of the day was dry and true open pit with 1 off 1 on, 12-14 on track at a time, didn't need to queue more than 5 mins at any point and managed over 115 laps (2 full tanks of fuel, ouch). Everyone behaved and was curtious. Few red flags but I was lucyk enough not to be caught by any and none lasted more than 10 mins. It was £30 ish more than I'd normally pay but I'd book with them again.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,316 ·
Spot on.. few comments on the group page about the q"s and an apology as 15 cars were allowed to move from previous day over to this 1.
Still had fun..

·
5,358 Posts
ah yeh, that'd be a big factor, 50 would have been far more manageable.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,318 ·
3 little vids from combe. usual service, thinking what else i can do now to improve lap times...cant think of anything tbh. every pro comes with a con....thinking of swapping out to 245 40 15 ar1s as there cheaper than 225 50 15 a052s...and dia of 575 compared to 590....need zed to do the sums for me, i could lower car abit more too...other than an expensive forged build and 6speed think im at the top of the tree with this set up.

·
5,358 Posts
Not sure what else you can do either tbh. You are running about as much tyre as you can and brakes aren't a limitation. What suspension are you on? I think all that's left is more power, that's all that would make a noticable difference. You could step up to a 2560r but to make it worth it you'd likely need rods. You wouldn't need a 6 speed though, not for a little bit provided you treat a 5 speed well and ensure it doesn't get to hot or shocked.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,320 ·
On meisters, not the £1800 gt1s. Clubrace or the replacements I think its straight line speed i need. Quick in corners very stable.
I really dont wanna 6 speed changing up n down fast n furious. 5 speed is treated well. All downshifts revmatched...speaking of heel n toe...wrecked my new sparco boots...trying to get refund or exchange atmo.. last sparco set lasted 7 years..these 3 trackdays.. the stitching is right where i roll onto throttle pedal...now there dangerous as hooking on pedal..caused a whoopsie at bobbies.
Theres no more weight to take out either.
Thinking cap on.

1301 - 1320 of 1366 Posts