Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1141 - 1155 of 1155 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,141 · (Edited)
So great day.. on the back foot managed sighting laps to bed brakes in but my mate who drove his Fiesta was dripping gearbox oil so we spent the first 1.5hrs fixing that by pulling his drive shaft and prising the snapring bigger so it didnt come out again... then fashioning a home made funnel to get the captured oil back in.
Then on track for some fun.
Car was faultless but low sun and cold.
Had a great battle with my mate for about 6 laps til he let me by and within 2 laps id spun off and him taking to the grass in avoiding action. It was text book last year same tricky corner.
He destroyed his cheap fibreglass ebay special splitter .
Trying to save the a052s from outer shoulder wear but front n rear about the same so ideally need another new set for front so i dont prematurely wreck them..i opted to put on the 225 ar1s...put the used yellow pads in the rear at same time.
2 laps off oversteer understeer and they switched on and were great tbh. Not the outright grip off the a052s but 8/10ths there and in all fairness made me sharpen my senses. There was a yaris gr there and being driven properly.. had a good 3 lap battle with it. Low sun ended the day early. Dont think i got any video. Go poo freezing up.
Ghetto sun visor.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,143 ·
The motivation was strong... he would have to tax mine to drive it home and id have to have a Ford Fiasco on my trailer . I keep telling him to get a trailer...
His daily is a m235i... i said chop it in for a 335d touring xdrive and get a trailer. Hopefully over winter he will otherwise next year is Top gear Rules

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,144 ·
Little 6 min random vid on my youtube channel boosted13b..
Ill link later as never managed todo via tapatalk.
This is the slowest unloading ever...hanging...
This is the a052 wear...raa
Think im going try the 245 40 15 ar1... I really liked the punch outta the corners from the small rolling cicumference and didnt top on the long straight...maybe thruxton...

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,120 Posts
Good work on the fester. Proper lemons DIY work fixing that with no parts :D

Low sun is the worst, bad enough when you're on the road at 30mph let alone blinding you going into a corner at 90mph lol
There's a reason I have an 8" deep sun strip, especially useful at Combe. lol

Reactions: guitaristanime

·
5,120 Posts
That outer shoulder wear is pretty significant. Toe out/aggressive or just under cambered?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,147 ·
Under cambered and soft tall sidewall.
Im at 3.0 neg on front. Need 3.5.
They work from get go lol.
I need to constantly swap them round front rear then reverse inside out... either new arms or try another tyre.
No shoulder wear on ar1s just oversteer

·
5,120 Posts
That's pretty aggressive already, suppose the splitter is compounding the issue. Interesting about the AR1s, I found my rear wont break loose and it's the front that I'm more grip limited on.

·
5,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,151 ·
A052s no understeer no oversteer they are fantastic. just bliming shoulder wear to micro manage.
Winter storage clean up no trackday til April. Boo hoo.
But nothing to fix. 9 trackdays this year... no DNFs no real issues apart from coolant leak from inlet manifold. Super year.

·
5,120 Posts
And the cracked brake discs 😆 but the car has done really well

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,154 ·
this was all i got go poo turned itself on and off 6 mins later..
this was on the ar1s and the low sun was very off putting. hanging back to ensure a safe clean overtake

1141 - 1155 of 1155 Posts