Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1101 - 1120 of 1135 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,101 ·
Ha ha ive found something... i dont know if this could be it but rear bgw flapping about more than normal...lol.
Its cracked big time big flex.
Anyways repaired... will beef up other mounts tomoz plus left stanchion needs tightening up as wobbling side to side.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,103 ·
Fantastic day at Keevil.. first failure x2.. boost hose blew off as jubilee weak but apart from that flying..
Quit at 4.20 as no pads left...well a slither and long pedal.
Lots of compliments on my 5 and how well it goes...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,104 ·
Ebc Rp1s lasted 3 days. Very happy with them. Good feel throughout life same predictable pedal underneath my foot from new to at best 2mm left prob less will see when we pull em. I think we will get another set.
I ran the a052s inside out and did half day at Thruxton and 2/3rds keevil til cords showing thats a plan going forward so ill get 4 and bit days out of them. Very happy with my car just a jubilee clip to replace...theres room for 2 and some wire locking. Discs...dont think i need grooves or dimples...brake ducts work...ill see how these disc hold up.

·
layabout
2,387 Posts
Discs...dont think i need grooves or dimples...brake ducts work

^^ been my attitude for years, groves let gasses out & shave the pad surface, possibly sponsored by the pad manufacturers 😉

Rich.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,106 ·
So chuffed with this car. Reliability, performance, handling its been an epic full year of tracking it. Im so proud of it.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,107 ·
Got my moneys use out of these full grip to cords inside out. And i got lots of super 99. 35Litres.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,109 ·
So check over after Keevil..
Slight coolant leak at turbo banjo. Tweaked up.
Hose coupler that kept blowing off. Bead pretty much non existent so order a new 1 off ebay longer too. Ordered 10x genuine jubilee clips.
Pads ordered RP1s from ebc direct...here tomoz sterling service that. Was gonna try the RPX s but read the bumff and designed for heavier cars with more initial bite...which i read as lock up for a BBK equipped mx5 so RP1s for me...as good as the ds2500 last as long feel the same but cheaper.....4th set of front pads this year yep heavy on Brakes.me.
Got some studding for splitter tweak mk3. Oil ordered time for an oil change.
No more days booked this year..maybe over but want the car ready just incase.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
And forgot.. gonna order x2 replacement gauges.
Coolant with overtemp alarm and boost gauge i can actually read with again a peak recall. Looks like boost bleed leak at this joiner due to clip slipping. Onwards upwards

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,111 ·
Wow thats more like it order yesterday arrive today stellar service from ebc. Also rejected discs arrived again so again rejected.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,112 ·
Pads duly fitted..
1680 track miles this year spread over 8 days. 210 avg per track.. Bargain stress release.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,056 Posts
lol. but what about the cost in parts? BTW, how do you find your tyres wear and what alignment are you running? I've just checked my tyre wear and at this rate i'll get just shy of 3 days out of mine if I rotate them

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,114 · (Edited)
Front dead ahead no toe. 3.0 of neg camber max i can get. Caster compromised but wanted the camber.
Rear slight tow in cant remember 2.8 degress of camber again compromise as camber messed with toe.
The a052s need 3.5 degrees of negative camber...according to yokohama. They wear on the last 10mm of outer tyre. Possible tyre roll over. Ive kept 2 that i rotated inside out and got another day out of them so 4 days...but wouldnt want todo that unless dry.
Cost this year.. x8 a052s
X2front discs...awaiting freaky parts refund.
X4 front pads
X1 rear pads.
Some mapping...
Inlet manifold gasket.
X2 oil changes.
Fuel and trackdays themselves a good few £000s but been great fun. cheaper and more miles per £££££ than racing.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,115 ·
New A052s looking rather beat up...i rotate round front rear side to side as much as possible.. these done 4 days..circa 800 miles.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,116 ·
Cost is nothing compared to when i tracked the Rx7.... full tank and 75litres of fuel. £800.00 for a set of rear 255 35 18 r888r.
Front pads good life though...
My 5 is faster than my 7 around a race track

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,117 ·
The 10ae..is still on the nankangs...look new lol..thats done 7 days more miles on track and 1 set of front n rear pads...
1 rad.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,118 ·
Quick tot up everything this year i reckon £5000 inc cadwell hotel stay diesel in mondeo fuel trackdays themselves and " consumables" great fun... i couldve pissed it all up a wall.

·
5,056 Posts
Yeh looks like you're going to do better out of tyres than me. I was hoping for a bit more given they are £600 a set, and now I know how good they are it's unlikely I'll want to go back to something else. On the plus side I've used barely any brake pad despite the dust that's come off them. My alignment is limited, -1.6 front and -1.8 rear. I can get down to -3.2 on the rear ignoring comprise due to toe so likely close to what you get in reality but my front is maxed at -1.6. It was -2.1 but I raised the front a bit for clearance with the 225/45/15s. I might drop it abit more, or look at adjustable arms and even -2.1 isn't really as much as id like. I cant remember what my caster is, I think I maxed the bolt and then just set camber.

I know the power difference between us is pretty big but do you find you get more wear on the front or rear? Wondering whether my toe is in need of a tweak. Given the abuse they got compared to the rear and the slip I was feeling at the front it does make sense I'd have more front wear though.

·
5,056 Posts
The 10ae..is still on the nankangs...look new lol..thats done 7 days more miles on track and 1 set of front n rear pads...
1 rad.

Yeh the NS2Rs seem to last a silly long time. I really rate them for that. I think I'll put a set on the celica at some point.

1101 - 1120 of 1135 Posts