Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1081 - 1100 of 1135 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,081 ·
And thats what i needed to know...if i drill the iffy 1 14mm i should be fine. Chat with my boss get em on the mill sat or sunday hopefully.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,082 · (Edited)
I now have Front discs that fit..
Corrected wonky pcd 1 by drilling to 15mm. Then bolted old 1 to other and marked and drill to 14mm on the mill at work.
Just home from work and test fitted ok perfect runout. Finish monday..load up..have to bed on sighting laps.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,083 ·
Cars ready ish.. glass needs cleaning.. but brakes done. No sign of discs yet... will be rejected. Not prepared to except lack lustre customer service from start to finish. Leaky hoses that if known leak could be supplied ptfe dipped as i advised. Wrong disc spigot rings in box...and then disc cracking... replacements discs coming up 2 weeks and no sign yet...and me chasing 4 times... piss poor imo.
Im due a refund of £142.00 when there returned i hope that goes seamless... but i wont hold my breath. Going forward these will be used tomoz then spares in the mondo...ill sort bells from someone.

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,052 Posts
Does sound a bit shit, glad you've got some discs now though

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,085 ·
Ready. Loaded and fuelled up. Glass n plastics sparkling.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 ·
Car all good doing 1.28s clear traffic. Brakes ok.. bit "wooden" .

·
5,052 Posts
wooden feel down to the pads?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,088 ·
All bedded in now.. back to best. Reckon enough fuel for 2 more sessions.

·
5,052 Posts
You've done well off the tyres tbf though

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,091 ·
All done. Got 1 long sess.. fuel low front grip low. Great day.

·
5,052 Posts
brake pads also might be low looking at the dust,lol

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,093 ·
Lol... old wheels...then i put on new wheels with a052 turned so inside out. the old wheels are grey now thanks to mintex 1155s and cadwell. Brakes were great once the discs went shiny.
Was flying but about a second of pace tried ragged and smooth think me not the car but car did feel looser than usual...ive a few things to check.
I still think Thruxton best circuit so far. .

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,094 ·
Only got a couple of vids.. SD card woes. But my mate should have some phootage in his rx8 race car.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,095 ·
So 2 vids in afternoon on borrowed sd card as mine full up an no thruxton vids as full of donny doh!
Still fast but....
about 1 sec of pace of previous visit.. dont know why car felt looser not as positive on turn in the 2 chicanes. Need to start a set up book me thinks as keep dialing in for different circuits.

not on vid nearly came a cropper at Church.. proper sideways moment shat my pants tobe honest.

soz about the horrible noise roof off in these vids.

looking forward to my mate in his rx8 race car for his onboard vids to see what my cars doind from behind.

·
5,052 Posts
looser not as positive on turn in could easily be due to tyre wear / heat cycling at this point couldn't it?

·
layabout
2,386 Posts
looser not as positive on turn in could easily be due to tyre wear / heat cycling at this point couldn't it?
don't forget theres a million possible variables like tyre pressures, air / track temperature, damper / spring age etc.

add a a few mm's worth of wheelspacer or different offset wheel into the mix and a different car @ speed....

Rich.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,098 ·
Yeah not gonna worry aboit it to much as poss me as well. Worked all weekend and hanging tbh. Lol. Car checked over all good no spend of money or time required... its on the trailer... may as well take to Keevil Friday..

·
5,052 Posts
All very true, I was assuming most of that would have been consistent since the last visit, although I dont think the midlite kit was installed then and im sure the extra disc weight might be a factor.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,100 ·
Yeah same set up. Remap was done then thruxton... got me thinking... yeah thats when i had my mates bmw...just
Brake cooling ducts worked no smoking brakes into pits.. i know i should do a cool down lap but i never seem too lol.
Yeah im taking to Keevil.

1081 - 1100 of 1135 Posts