Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1021 - 1040 of 1135 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,022 ·
Shadowraven, I know your not supposed to cut all with a grinder but i used a slitting disc and it cut it like butter easy peasy. Or you can buy the IL motorsport 1 for £55.00...

·
Banish a little rust a day people
5,052 Posts
I had a look last night and I think if I rotate my plate a little I can actually bolt the brace back on. It's not too much work to undo an extra 3 bolts everytime I need to do a filter change really.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,024 ·
Id fit it back on.. mazda fitted for a reason. It triangulates the fitment too lol so not flex.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
Fixed just. Been tom dick.. i love IBS..not.
Gasket came yesterday. Feeling abit better today..so put back together...
Not all plain sailing misfire on start up.. swapped fuel pipes. Then back again as right.
Despite all injectors plugs seated. Took apart and reseated again..then vroom vroom. No idea tbh. Either air in fuel or 1 not seated but ok now. Ran up to temp. No leaks no funny noises. Reposition catch bottle thingy too.
Ill put wheels back on tomoz. Off for a nap as if well enough to work on a car well enough to go on nightshift...

·
layabout
2,386 Posts
I had a look last night and I think if I rotate my plate a little I can actually bolt the brace back on. It's not too much work to undo an extra 3 bolts everytime I need to do a filter change really.
always wonder why nobody bothers with a remote oilfilter? makes replacement easy and allows for better options with oil-temperature & pressure senders :unsure:

Been tom dick.. i love IBS..not.
it's shitty but I can sympathise...

Rich.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,027 ·
Fitted the 3rd set of pads this year for the front.. set of ebc rp1 to trial. ( i bought these..not freebies). Proper pad fitness for caliper. Ive only got Donny and Thruxton left for this year so hoping they last these 2 atleast.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,030 ·
Had a chat with Josh at Unit 3 as im abit of worryer lol.
I think the inlet manifold gasket been leaking awhile and possibly mapped with it on so booked in for dyno pull b4 Donny just incase. I dont want no Kaboom rod excursion.

·
5,052 Posts
When you factor in the time and cost of sourcing a new engine, fitting it, swapping all the turbo stuff over there's really no reason not to have it checked over to be safe. You'll only worry about every little noise at Donnington otherwise.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,032 ·
Rolling road run up today at Unit 3 all ok. Car ready for Donny tuesday.. very excited...been too big of a gap since Cadwell. But finances needed to recover lol

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,035 ·
Back from Donny.
The bmw exhaust broke.
The Tiger 4th gear broke.
Just an old mgzr and the 2 mx5s make it to the end of the day.
Theres a alot of hype about Donny but for me Thruxton and Combe better...on the short circuit mind. I just didnt jell with it. Very hard on the car too. Lots of 6000 rpm 3rd gear corners.
But alas flying in afternoon and not overtaken. Vids to follow
I dont think id go back tbh.

·
5,052 Posts
Donnington is a good track, but not much beats Combe IMO

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,038 ·
Thruxton for me. Only been to Combe once this year ive done it death so a little break from it to reignite the passion for the place.
Having IT issues uploading vids..just sits on 1%..
Clear cache reg cure but nothing sorts..
Its starts then just sits there..had all night too. Had this prob last time uploading from cadwell and cant for the life of me remember what i did..some tick box on summit. Its my laptop as phone uploads sweet.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,039 ·
Donny final session red flag

cadwell vids and round up.

strugglled in morning to get flowing and lots of race cars there that well were being dicks. i got forced into the gravel at 1 point as racer let me by then raced me to the apex. he locked up and i had to take avoiding action and subsequent lunch hour removing gravel from undertray and chassis wishbones mounts. i was fuming tbh.
after lunch i finally clicked with circuit and put the hammer down. The circuit ran an overtake on left rule for me it would be better on the right and make the overtakes less tricky which was cause of my spin as car overtaken again raced to inside apex and i overcooked corner entry. I got loads of excuses...anyways little eunos dealt with westys caterhams atoms civics meganes and lotuses aplenty....its a rocket and riot to drive. im very happy.

Brakes. New rp1s in front...I used sighting laps to bed in and a good 30mins after to cool. No fade all day and a nice feel. Donny is hard on brakes 5th to 3rd braking in as short a distance as possible 4 times a lap so they got a workout.
They are noisy as vids will show but that is of little interest to me...wear looks good. worn 2/5s in 1 day. dust yes but compared to the mintex 1155s not an issues and again no interest to me. Id have these over the 1155 in aheartbeat. Now the ds2500 are on a par with these similar feel and both great from cold stopping power with no fade. The same circuit test will be Thruxton next month and again wear. so far v happy with them. Ill update on the blues in the 10ae on that thread.

for me Thruxton still the best circuit.

·
5,052 Posts
Yeh the race calendar is pretty busy atm, Im hoping I'll have missed most of it by the 29th. Javlin seem to be particularly shit at holding the knobs accountable either. IMO they really should be stricter, it's a public track day and it's dangerous for all involved to have them driving like that. I get they need to test but not at the expense of others safety. If the 29th goes a similar way for me again I'm just not going to book through them again.

Interesting to hear about the brakes and glad they are going ok. I've had some time to use the DS2500 on the street now and I'm not totally sold, they are good, good feel, good bite etc, but they are a bit OE and not as progressive as I personally like. If they were 2/3rds of the price I think it'd feel better about them. Yet to try them on track, will see how they deal with Donnington but given I have 300mm discs, 3" vents and 140hp I'm pretty confident they wont really be pushed at all.

1021 - 1040 of 1135 Posts