Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
981 - 1000 of 1010 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #981 ·
Ready. Loaded up for looks like a Wet Thruxton... first wet 1 in 5 turbo new pads in rear. Fresh oil spanner check all looks ok. Iat rad hot air shroud fitted to the bofi ic set up as recommended by mapper.
Rainsports loaded up too

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #982 ·
Wet then been dry. The map tweak has greatly improved top end. Got a 1.27.6.

And i done my mates Bmw which im estatic about.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #983 ·
Epic fantastic day. Best yet with this car.
Got some great vids to post.
Tomoz absolutely done in. Bed.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·
Quick belt off alternator and waterpump to spin them and there bearings are fine. Had a slight highpitch screech with rpm and thought alternator dry bearing... but im now thinking resonance of the skinnied down inlet brace as appeared at roughly same time as fitting.
Happy to put back together and continue using see noise manifests itself further.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 ·
So new tyres have arrived so an exam of old.. fronts have delaminated on outer shoulder.
Recommended 3.5 plus negative camber.. i can only get 2.8 so a half way through life tyre rotation is in order.. im at 3.0 on rear and shoulder wear not so bad so have been continually swapping front rear.
Ferrodo ds2500 have been stevlar on the front but now trying some mintex 1155.
Everything has lasted 3 plus trackdays so happy and pads east peasy change.
So nut n bolt checking on front as wheels off and front splitter holder uppers thingys are being moved couple of inches from outer edge to make going up trailer ramp easy.
Cadwell on 22nd.. cant wait woohoo. Been expensive month with tyres n brakes and work just dropped a £450 covid bonus on us so very welcome.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #988 ·
So stanchion things for splitter moved inwards and some holes to cover with some wing thingies lol.
And added 2 more bonnet vents as had them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its great to see the 5 being driven like its supposed to be! Seeeeeeeeend it! Do you have a build thread for your rx7 on FDOC.co.uk? I'd love to see what youve done with it haha

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #990 ·
Cheers.
Theres a build on mazdarotaryclub for the fd. Not updated for awhile but its there.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #991 ·
Bath time today.. all 5 cars.. ive evolved into a frog.
Washed em in order of my fave.
Mx5 turbo
Rx7
Mx5 10ae
Scooby
Mondeo
Lol.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #992 ·
Sat chilling waiting for Cadwell Thursday.
Im so excited.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 ·
Loaded up.. i gotta go down trading est later and do the bedding procedure for the mintex 1155... and may as well do some new tyre scrubbing. As soon as arribe at Cadwell roof coming off. .

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #994 ·
Lol borrowed my mates trade plates round n round trading est.
Til i nearly passed out with the heat. Very sketchy on these pads and x4 brand new tyres. Car back on trailer
Pads all cooling now done them properly.
Cider time

·
Banish a little rust a day people
4,913 Posts
I know your pain, 34 degree heat flying around combe 2 years ago was pretty awful.
Track cars with AC, that's where it's at :p you'll be faster being comfortable and hydrated.

Reactions: Zed.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #996 ·
We got here, well a Travelodge 45 mins away. 4.25hrs to get here 2 stops and traffic.
So excited to drive Cadwell. Time 4 bed early start.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #997 ·
Fantastic day. Off to bed far to many ciders n rum.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 ·
So Cadwell park round up.
Very hot day. Car fine zll checked over and nothing to do except pads..
The front pads burned though from new to 1mm by 4.30pm.
Id did not like them atall. Horrible feel. I wont be buying mintex 1155 again based on extreme wear and feel. The ferrodo ds2500 are a sure thing or try summit else.

The track is like a mountain road and its narrow...coppice is awesome.. best LEFT hander ive ever driven which with clockwise circuits is quite rare.. theres always a left after a right too.

The mountain section is scary til you get it dialed in then its a delight of wagging the rear through the tight twisty bends.

I started off steady and built up through the day til i was passing plenty of cars and had so.much fun. Not sure i strung the perfect lap together as by end of day exhausted from heat and concentration levels.

Deffo go back again.

Vids to follow.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #999 ·
The 10ae was epic too.. but had to have a word with my mate to keep session shorter than 25mins as was boiling up and lifting the rad cap.. crap std gauge sat in middle diddle. It drove there prob did 225miles on track and back to wilts...summit to be said for standard car reliability.
My mates lotus broke down and diffuser came loose but after some googling and phonecalls found an inertia switch buried in the engine compartment that had tripped on a kerb. Bypassed it. Couple of 10mm bolts and undertray off and back out.

981 - 1000 of 1010 Posts