Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

921 - 940 of 973 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Was there with the lads in the Almera's.

Yeah the morning was terrible, one of the worst days we've been at for a long time, plenty of laps in the afternoon once all the idiots had crashed out though ????

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #922 ·
yep my thoughts too. Queue was to bottom toilets at 1 point so i had a nap in my mondeo towcar lol.
My mate was there monday with bhp and totally different quiet.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #923 ·
Those Almeras mighty impressive. Had 1 and a Nissan Sunny Gti back in the day. 70k in my Sunny gti.. my first jap car in fact.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #924 ·
Update on the inlet manifold situation. Its sealed up no drip but after getting a bolt in the other hole.. it would not start...because theres a sheared off bolt already in there...and the 1 above is the same. But its running fine drip free as the 1s around it clamping it. Car does not have the in the way inlet manifold brace fitted so may have been cause. Ive bought an oem 1 for £13.59 with bolts off boundville to fit. Its fingers x time and hope it fits with added oil cooler and holds til winter track season over when i can repair properly. If it leaks at Pembrey ill have to sort b4 Thruxton . Its been through 2 full heat cycles and so far so good.

·
layabout
2,178 Posts
Car does not have the in the way inlet manifold brace fitted so may have been cause. Ive bought an oem 1 for £13.59 with bolts off boundville to fit.
I've a few in the scrap pile.....

:whistle:

Rich.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #926 ·
Just done another heat cycle. Dessert spoon of kseal as back up. Top off levels. Think were good to go. Fit brace when it arrives..looks like oil cooler pipes will clear. And or trim of brace will be ok. My main concern was boost leak...sprayed an aersol no rev rise so ok.
Gearbox oil change next.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #927 ·
So gearbox oil changed 1 litre of fuchs race synchro and 1 litre of redline lightweight shockproof.
I wanted redline mt90 but a uk shortage.
Whilst up in air nut n bolt check all ok. Another heat cycle and left overnight. Nothing pulled in from expansion vessel so fit brace ready for Pembrey. Front and rear pads half worn.
Order some up to take to Pembrey change after. Looks like front doing 3 trackdays rear loads lol.
Not sure on choice for front after Shadowravens finding fancy 16mm of pad not 12mm lol.
And a clean and stuck some more post it notes on.
ea2677aceb534968aa6b6e9aa39b93e8.jpg
317b94fb244b4ab391c2079de6848623.jpg

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 ·
4th of June first visit for me meeting some mates there.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #932 ·
Inlet brace arrived minus the bolts..bottom block bolt just looks tobe a straight m8.. but brace to manifold seems like a taper or summit..anybody shed some pearls of wisdom...

In other news clutch pedal went straight to floor...and clutch reservoir fluid is black....it pumped back up and got clutch back. So ordered a new clutch master as slave done when bofi clutch went it...that was probably my downshift crunches.

·
Registered
M52TU Turbo Swapped MX5 (No that's not a joke or a typo)
103 Posts
Inlet brace arrived minus the bolts..bottom block bolt just looks tobe a straight m8.. but brace to manifold seems like a taper or summit..anybody shed some pearls of wisdom...

In other news clutch pedal went straight to floor...and clutch reservoir fluid is black....it pumped back up and got clutch back. So ordered a new clutch master as slave done when bofi clutch went it...that was probably my downshift crunches.

I'm almost certain that the brace bolts are all the same thread, just that the lower bolt that bolts into the block is slightly longer. I think it's 2 bolts on the bottom and one into the Mani, and I think they are M10 Fine Pitch (14mm head), as for length I'm not sure

Yeah its 1 bolt both ends, I think 2 bolts might be an NB brace, but can't remember

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #934 ·
Cheers! Im up off nights offering it up now so if needs a shave i can do tonight in workshop and ive just bought a clutch master off boundville so asked em to put misding bolts in that box.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #935 ·
Lol.. defo needs a trim.. gonna cut in half along its length lol
678ef03b664c0155fa6dc85cf3ed5813.jpg

·
Registered
M52TU Turbo Swapped MX5 (No that's not a joke or a typo)
103 Posts
Yeah what rich said, Its sounds like it'd be easier to make a new one.

although I'd probably use rodends/rose joints and some CDS tube with inserts to make it all pretty looking :D

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #938 ·
Ill did think that.. ill have a go at it tonight but ally dont cut well with a slitting discs.. but ive got use of the mill too.

·
layabout
2,178 Posts
Ill did think that.. ill have a go at it tonight but ally dont cut well with a slitting discs.. but ive got use of the mill too.
it's gonna end in tears :lol:

or piles of swarf & clouds of dust :blink:

I'd probably use rodends/rose joints and some CDS tube with inserts to make it all pretty looking :D
tube / bar / same job & nobody'll see it down there, expense & functionality are entirely optional :popcorn:

although I'm a fine example and regularly use the excuse Because......

:whistle:

Rich.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #940 ·
Lol ill take into work.. i work with a machinist tool maker and fabricator..im just the sparky..
Ill put it on the bench and magic will happen..

921 - 940 of 973 Posts