Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,177 Posts
We've been saying it for a while now, there are loads of us in and around Nottingham and Derby
and we should be spending a bit of time in each others company

So lets do it
And make it a fairly regular thing, like once a month. I reckon Second Sunday of the Month to start with (Loughborough meet is Last Sunday of the month)

Historically for the Super Peaks Meet and the Opendays up north we've been meeting at the Ikea retail park, which is nice and easy to find, nice big car park, coffee shop, a selection of eateries and of course plenty of retail therapy if non-car-liking other halves want to come. Add to that the proximity of the A610 for passenger runs to try out the Boosted cars and it makes a good first meeting place. But I reckon we should have a few different meeting places as time goes on so we can try out a few different places and atmospheres

Which would make our first one in a weeks time on:-
Sunday THE 10TH FEBUARY
at the IKEA RETAIL PARK NG16 2RP at 4pm (this time)

Will be very good to start getting to now each other as there is a very exciting show / event / meet season coming up and it will be great showing up to and hanging out out at them with friends

So lets get it started

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Count me in for next month but we're walking in the North York Moors this month and I'm at the Manchester velodrome in April.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts

·
Blithering Idiot
954 Posts
I'd have no idea when I'm going to be able to make one of these, but sounds like a good idea...

BUT WHY YOU ONLY SAY BOOSTED CARS..........no free rides for you in mine when the ITB's are fitted then

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd have no idea when I'm going to be able to make one of these, but sounds like a good idea...

BUT WHY YOU ONLY SAY BOOSTED CARS..........no free rides for you in mine when the ITB's are fitted then
Sorry matey
i forgot you were building a N/A stormer
it's all these threads about boost that keep drawing the attention!

I'll reword...... Passenger rides in all sorts of great MX5s
x

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Last time we met at Ikea the carpark warden did come over and ask us what we were doing, didn't look too happy... They might be a problem.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree MFN would be a very good venue. Ive been a few meets there. No harm in enquiring is there. Worse they would say is no. that aside I will be interested in coming to the meets where ever they be and when I can occasionally. Be interesting to meet people and other cars outside the midlands

·
Registered
406 Posts
Doh! Can't make this month, doing a wedding fayre that Sunday
Rubbish. Thought we may have been on for a little blue convoy........

I'll pop up for a nosey.
[/quote]
Booooo sorry plus Maria is not very photogenic at the minute

·
Are YOU a Help Vampire?
6,177 Posts
Looking good for sunday then
be great to meet some of you guys

I've also invited Dropout Media along, so we may get a few non MX5s to look at too
and they can see what all the fuss is about with the little mazda

I'm sure alot of you know about drop out media already, but here are some videos that Tye from Dropout Media made from Painter daes open day, and Stigatronix rolling road day
both of which started at Ikea for the nottingham/derby convoys

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGkHVgJJzfY

And yep they are on facebook too if you wanna give them a few likes

http://www.facebook.com/DropOutMedia

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Don't usually do these as my car is usually SORN but hoping to pass an MOT soon. I won't make Feb but might be persuaded for March assuming I get all me welding done by then. Slow progress doing it in stages, I ought to just book a week off work!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts