Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi

I have been looking around these forums for a bit, and have finally bought me a 5

Its a 2002 1.8i phoenix, looks awesome, and its got low miles and seems to be in really good condition, will try and get some pics up soon..

I have a few plans down the line...but i think gonna just roll it as it is for now.

This was my old car

Anyways

Im sure ill be on these forums for advice etc

Will

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Just a few quick questions...was hoping someone may be able to help?

Firstly the phoenix 1.8 does anyone know what alarm it has (for insurance purposes?) is it a thatcham category 2 or something?

Also i know i said im gonna roll how it is lol ... but i think im gonna splash out on a k&n typhoon and possibly a backbox...ive heard about the mx5 parts one which is ?180 odd but this issue with the flange holes is a bit off putting, dont really want to have to bodge / alter something new.

Will get some pics up this weekend when i pick her up

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Hi

Just a few quick questions...was hoping someone may be able to help?

Firstly the phoenix 1.8 does anyone know what alarm it has (for insurance purposes?) is it a thatcham category 2 or something?

Also i know i said im gonna roll how it is lol ... but i think im gonna splash out on a k&n typhoon and possibly a backbox...ive heard about the mx5 parts one which is ?180 odd but this issue with the flange holes is a bit off putting, dont really want to have to bodge / alter something new.

Will get some pics up this weekend when i pick her up
I believe the problem with the flange not lining up is now sorted......According to the reviews i`ve read anyway.

I have the Typhoon & intend fitting the MX5parts twin exit exhaust when they are on offer again.....purely because i like the look of the twin. But single or twin they get good reviews

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It won't have an alarm as such - it will have the Mazda theft deterrent system which consists of the immobiliser and the ability to sound the horn/flash lights if it detects forced entry or something bumps into it hard enough
Lol....

is that not an alarm, or is it some sarcastic way of saying there not much cop?

Forgive me im being naive, but my last car didnt have one / anything that resembled an alarm

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh ok fair enough, but when asked for insurance, what should i say? is there a thatcham 1.5 or isnt it called 2-1 or something

just trying to minimise the degree if ravaging im going to take from the insurers, only 24 ya see

·
~
15,498 Posts
2-1 is for when you had a category 2 system and upgraded it yourself to category 1, just tell them it has the factory security system which meets or exceeds cat 2 and they should be happy enough

Try and limit your mileage, that made the biggest difference to insurance for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.