Mazda MX-5 Miata banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah ok, out of interest was hired storage? I only ask as I may be going to Japan for a year and weighing up costs of keeping the car
Yes, council lock-up. To keep it or not is entirely subjective! My storage costs are 500 quid a year so I probably have the most expensive rotten MX5 out there. But...I go back each year , exhume the old girl, tax and test it for 2 weeks and I have a blast. I wouldn't recommend keeping a car once you relocate unless storage is safe and free or you have a particular (and peculiar!) fondness for the car, as I do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ah ok, out of interest was hired storage? I only ask as I may be going to Japan for a year and weighing up costs of keeping the car
Yes, council lock-up. To keep it or not is entirely subjective! My storage costs are 500 quid a year so I probably have the most expensive rotten MX5 out there. But...I go back each year , exhume the old girl, tax and test it for 2 weeks and I have a blast. I wouldn't recommend keeping a car once you relocate unless storage is safe and free or you have a particular (and peculiar!) fondness for the car, as I do.
[/quote]

Ah that's not to bad, yea I would love to keep mine. Would only be going away for a year and I'm just about to put so much money and effort into her it would be a waste to only get 9 months driving from it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.