Mazda MX-5 Miata banner

Newbie From The Land Of The Morning Calm

267 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cncj 
#1 ·
Hi, CNCJ here,

My life is divided between Korea and Oxford - 2 months in one, and 2 months in t'other. Am currently in Seoul, and will be returning to the UK in about 5 weeks. At which time I plan to purchase my first MX5. I have one question for the aficianados that has been thrown up by what research I have been able to accomplish thus far. I'm aiming for a 2002-ish 1.8 MX5 and I have a budget of up to 4 grand. There seems to be a relatively huge difference in average price between those advertised on MX5nutz and pistonheads websites and those appearing on eBay - with eBay asking prices being much the higher. I'm happy to pay a fair price for a good clean model, but don't want to be ripped-off. Can anyone tell me why there is this discrepancy in price? Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, Jay, your comments are much appreciated. After spending weeks scouring the internet I think I have finally located a real possibility. And it belongs to a mate of a mate!! A totally corrosion-free, watertight, 2000 NB Cabriolet in silver with only 42K on the clock. I get back to the UK next week and will be taking a look shortly after. Fingers crossed!!
Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.